Former RevPro and OTT Champion Ryan Smile passes away

Originally published at Former RevPro and OTT Champion Ryan Smile passes away

UK-based independent wrestler Ryan Smile passed away. Ryan hailed from Birmingham, England and became a champion in the OTT and RevPro promotions respectively. Wrestlers and promotions alike paid tribute to Ryan via social media. RevPro and OTT’s Twitter accounts have tributes up in honor of Ryan’s life. Talents such as Session Moth Martina, Pete Dunne, Sugar Dunkerton, Tyler Devlin and many more honored the life of Ryan by sharing memories of him.

We had a match at @RevProUK after a hectic day on my behalf getting to the show, he was a great professional, we talked about the match for 10 minutes and went out there & had one of my best matches across the pond! RIP https://t.co/8HZTY5vfRh

— “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) October 14, 2020

Can’t believe this. One of the people to help me and welcome me during my first UK tour. Ryan Smile, thank you. RIP

— The HBIC (@MiaYim) October 14, 2020

Absolutely gutting news tonight.

Thanks for everything you did for the scene and for helping out so many of the boys.

RIP Ryan Smile x

— Kid Lykos II (@JoeNelson_Lykos) October 14, 2020

A tragic loss… RIP Ryan Smile.

Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/y0KKZl00AK

— TNT Extreme Wrestling (@TNTExtremeWres) October 14, 2020

The new wave of the BritWres scene wouldn't have had a compass to guide it without Ryan Smile.

Very shocked to hear of his passing and hoping he's at peace in that next life.

— SUGE D aka Wholesome Mane (@SugarDunkerton) October 14, 2020

https://t.co/KWqiclgRS6

— Pete Dunne (@PeteDunneYxB) October 14, 2020

RIP Ryan Smile

I worked with Ryan on a lot of early @BWR_UK designs, he helped so much with the branding of the company.

Regardless of the controversy surrounding his professional life, every interaction with him was a pleasure.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

— Tyler Devlin (@deathbydevlin) October 14, 2020

Our team is devastated to learn of the loss of Ryan Smile. His talent and contribution set the standard for what British/Irish wrestling was to become.
A tragic loss
RIP pic.twitter.com/QWrcmHEv1c

— OTT WRESTLING (@OTT_wrestling) October 14, 2020

RIP Ryan Smile

So undeniably talented, such a major part of the early days of OTT, such a help to me in the beginning of my career and was a joy to be around. I hope you are at peace now ♥️ pic.twitter.com/jvdMI6P9i2

— Session Moth Martina🍻 マーティナセッション (@mothfromdaflats) October 14, 2020

No words. RIP Ryan Smile forever our All Day Star. pic.twitter.com/8U9aAakF00

— Revolution Pro (@RevProUK) October 14, 2020

POST Wrestling would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Ryan Smile.