G-1 Participants and Blocks Announced

This is my biggest beef with NJPW. It’s too predicable. Like I always know who will win.

Year before was obvious it’s Kenny.

Last year you knew it was Tanahashi and he was winning

This year seems locked for either Naito or Ibushi but Naito besting Ibushi for title cements that it has to be Ibushi since Naito has a belt

I’m watching the Kizuna Road show, interesting moment after the L.I.J. 10 man in the post match fisting Evil and Sanada hesitated to join in, Evil walked out Sanada stayed

After the Suzuki match he called for the mic and said “What the hell G1” and according to Chris Charlton he either challenged for a spot or is just going to do his own tournament

1 Like

Why not Suzuki and instead that goof taichi?

From what I read, not sure if true or not, Suzuki is pretty banged up. Might be a good idea for Suzuki to sit out the tournament and just do the tag matches. Btw, is Lance Archer the oldest one in the tournament? I think it might be Archer and Tanahashi.

The list with all the matches will be listed by John later but the reveal on New Japan World they setup Moxley in a lot of main/Co main event matches. The A block final is Tana/Will and Okada/Ibushi B block final Moxley/Juice and Naito/White. Also Dallas gets Tanahashi/Okada with only the A block that night. KENTA also heavily featured
D9QbSlNWwAArX-C

Here’s a thread of all the matches

So I’m guessing there’s gotta be a Post g1 pick’em thread somewhere right? or has that not been created yet?

I was hoping to put in my picks if so…

1 Like

@Deadpool1205 stay tuned to the POST podcasts - there’s a great tournament long pool which I’m sure will be announced soon.

Curious if @Brad_The_Archivist has the records from last year. Would be fun to see if anyone can top those point totals.

3 Likes