Guy in the devil mask

Meanwhile on IG…

Daniel Garcia. Should’ve been pushed along side Jungle Boy, Sammy, and Darby. Although, I kind of dig the idea of Britt Baker being behind the mask, though.

And Kyle O’reilly.

I do not want Marty Scurll coming in. They’ve been just fine not having him.

2 Likes

Darby could be a good one. Culminating with Sting putting him over in his last match.

He’s so beloved that it would be a lift to turn him heel, but idk how much that really matters in 2023.

1 Like

What if it’s Swerve and after taking out Hangman he goes for the title at the December show

1 Like

CM Punk, the greatest trick the devil played was making everyone believe he does not exist!

I love Swerve, and absolutely want him to be the next Champion.

I just don’t think it makes sense for him to hide under the mask.

Swerve is a comic book villain, that doesn’t hide his face, and his motivation can seem justified.

CM Punk would set the company on fire. This especially with the TV deals upcoming. It won’t happen, but it would genuinely be a shock, and it’s not as if it would be this wacky result, based on his story before he left.

I think it’s jungle boy

I’m at that point as well. Perry would be a good, logical story. But unless he is taking this current vacation to get a lot better, I am not that interested in an MJF/Perry feud beyond the reveal. Though clearly he’s got some measure of a faction with him, so it’s kind of hard to fully commit to that assumption right now.

Also, not ruling out that there could be a pivot before the reveal, or that they are trying to make it “obvious” that it’s Perry as a red herring.

Either way, it’s an interesting story, but hopefully the reveal is soon unless there’s another major twist to come. The beatdowns and such have run their course.

Just caught up on Dynamite. I think it’s CM Punk.
When TK said he was scared for his life…it just seemed a little too much. Punk and his bunch of cronies are here to take the business over. This is gonna be the WCW Vs WWF angle we always wanted…

The case for Punk being involved is that there is a strange lack of details on what happened backstage at Wembley. As well as a surprising lack of bashing by people under AEW contract, except for on-camera references that are sometimes a little too clever.

Both of the above would be uncharacteristic for the wrestling business. So either the NDAs are ironclad, or there’s a work involved.

As a fan, I will pop huge if it’s Punk. But I still think that it would be a terrible business move.

1 Like

Punk would be amazing and be an all-time angle but I just don’t see the creative minds at AEW able to pull that off.

But the teases have been there - using glass, MJF calling himself the real world champion, etc.

However sinking Collision just to get an angle like this over would make no sense.

Sinking Collision, tanking their own momentum coming out of “the biggest show in wrestling history”, (presumably) working and/or pissing off a lot of people who work there…

If it is Punk, we should never discuss AEW’s ratings or financials again. Because if Tony doesn’t care about them, they’re irrelevant.

2 Likes

Interesting video from Richard Holliday…

https://x.com/mostmarketable/status/1727466102693736873?s=46&t=JWp1FDcxOniaaPmFyvmyrg

1 Like

Why are you posting this here Ben?? We all know CM Punks in the mask :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See I told you it wasnt him

Now that it won’t be Punk, it really shouldn’t be Jack Perry. The entire angle loses a lot of interest now. I think they should just wrap it up ASAP.

The whole story is emblematic of AEW trying to be WWE-lite.

Between Trips in NXT, Tony in AEW, and New Japan for as long as I’ve paid attention to that promotion, I think the IWC forgets that “booking” and “having guys who will have good matches work together” aren’t the same thing. And much like HHH a decade ago, Tony has way more misses than hits (in my opinion) in terms of actual storytelling.

I don’t agree. We aren’t all watching WWE weekly telly as well. The story is still the story.

I don’t want it to go on months but that’s nothing to do with Punk.

I’m not sure AEW wants to be WWE-lite. I think it’s offering a pretty different product but ultimately WWE is the main company. It’s the big boy and will be for a long long time. Of course AEW wants a piece of their action, but it’s also finding its own way and selling out Wembley stadium :stadium: don’t see WWE doing that any time soon

1 Like