Having a Rumble party?

My friends and I always have a rumble party and of course we like to make it more interesting. Just thought I’d share it in case someone would like to do the same. Enjoy!

Royal Rumble Pool

Pick the winner of each match and rank them by confidence 1-4. (4 being most confident)

WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn — 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the WWE Title

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane (Triple Threat Match)

Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan vs. Cesaro & Sheamus

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin (2-out-of-3-Falls Match)

Men’s and Woman’s Royal Rumbles
Numbers will be assigned to you. You’ll have the same numbers for both Rumbles.

1 point for every elimination by your wrestler
2 points for having a wrestler in the final 4
5 points if your wrestler wins the Rumble

PROP BETS
1 point for each correct answer

Number of title changes? (Over/under 1.5)

How many Roman Reigns eliminations? (Over/Under 4.5)

How many John Cena eliminations? (Over/Under 2.5)

How many Asuka eliminations?

(Over/under 7.5)

How many Nia Jax eliminations?

(Over/under 7.5)

Winner will be from Smackdown/RAW/Other?

Men’s-

Woman’s-

Winner of MEN’s Rumble has won before? YES/NO

Will an ECW legend compete in the Men’s rumble? Yes/No

Will Lita compete in the rumble match? Yes/no

Will Trish Stratus compete in the rumble match? Yes/no

Will Ronda Rousey be INVOLVED in the woman’s Rumble Match? Yes/No

Will Daniel Bryan compete in the rumble match? Yes/no

Will HHH be INVOLVED in a match during entire show? Yes/no

Will either of the Rumble winners be from the first 5 entrants? Yes/no

Who will be the first title holder to enter the MEN’s rumble? (IC, US, Tag Team)

Will Finn Bálor be in the final 4? Yes/No

Will Sasha Banks be in the final 4? Yes/no

Number of announcing desk broken during entire show? Over/under 1.5

Philadelphia crowd reaction for 30th entrant in MEN’s rumble? Cheer/BOO

Tie breaker

Total match time for men’s Rumble = hr/min/sec
(For reference, last year was 1hr 2min 8sec)

does it get kinda distracting trying to tabulate points while the rumble is going on live?

I guess I should use the word party lightly. More like a bunch of wrestling nerds sitting around having a couple beers. We have one main scorer keeping track. Everyone is pretty invested so nothing really goes unnoticed amongst the group.

This can be customized to your liking to take out some of the more tedious parts.

2 Likes

having a main scorer is a good idea, feel bad for them but I guess sacrifices have to be made.

My friends and I do live betting. Bet a dollar wether the next guy will be babyface or heel. Next elimination will be a guy with black hair. Bet wrestler x gets eliminated before wrestler y. When you get drunk and high it’s hard to keep track of all the numbers just live bet random props it’s way more fun. Make sure to bring your 1’s

2 Likes

We have the simplest and most fun pool I can think of. Each year my friends and their wives/gfs whoever get together. We get out a big tumbler from our bingo game (I’m Italian, there always is one ). Before the ppv we take turns spinning the wheel to get a number (1 to 30). The less people participating the more numbers. Some years you get 5 numbers, some only 3. Then as you watch the rumble you root for numbers of who entered. If the wrestler who entered with one of your numbers wins the rumble you win the pool.

I should note to participate you have to ante up cash. We’ve been doing 20 dollars. Whoever wins the Pool wins the pot. It’s super fun. I remember getting JTG one year and rooting for him to win (he didn’t). Last time I won was with Edge in 2010.

1 Like

DS. Designated Scorer

This is basically what we do. We’ve done a big Rumble party for over a decade at this point and you buy in with a fiver usually. Only real difference is that we split the pot into losers and winners, the losers pot being smaller of course and whoever has all their guys eliminated first gets a little “thanks for playing” gift, while the person with the last man standing gets the bigger pot. The losers pot was created purely because we realised that if you got R-Truth, Santino and Hornswoggle (for instance) you knew you weren’t winning and it was way less fun rooting for someone you knew in reality stood no chance, so instead you could root for them to get quickly eliminated.

2 Likes

I’ve done a big packet of prop bets for shows for my friends before, but with two rumbles this year, we’re just going to draft numbers from 1-30. Whoever has their number wins, gets the pot.

1 Like

Minimum effort. Maximum reward. It’s the best way. :grin:

2 Likes