Indie wrestling scene mourns referee Sean Patrick O’Brien

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/03/19/indie-wrestling-scene-mourns-referee-sean-patrick-obrien/

Indie wrestling referee Sean Patrick O’Brien, also known as “SPO”, passed away on Friday.

O’Brien, who was from Louisville, Kentucky, was a familiar face to fans of a host of independent promotions, many of which paid tribute to him on social media.

No further details of his passing are yet known.

He was the best

Rest easy Sean ❤️ pic.twitter.com/7Vz2cAWCO7

— Glory Pro Wrestling (@WeAreGloryPro) March 18, 2023

We are all so very sorry to hear about the passing of Referee SPO or as I always called him, "Man Bun"

Such a great guy. Loved his daughter so much.

He will be greatly missed by the entire community. pic.twitter.com/jIm1m2IDF4

— Black Label Pro (@BLabelPro) March 18, 2023

Not much for words today.

• doors open at 7:30pm at Cafe Bourbon Street

• no tickets at the door

• wear green, it’s what SPO would have wanted to see

Let’s have some FUN in his honor, and I’m taking ALL the pictures. pic.twitter.com/LS4Zr9shpI

— [unsanctioned pro] (@UnsanctionedPro) March 18, 2023

💔💔

R.I.P. Sean Patrick O’Brien
aka SPO.

He taught us to always tell our friends we love them. The definition of “team player”. We will love you forever. 🦓 @officialspo502 pic.twitter.com/cZh3BwZAXD

— ICW No Holds Barred ⛓ (@ICWNHB) March 18, 2023

We at OVW want to send our deepest condolences to Sean O’Brien’s family and friends.

It’s never easy to lose a member of our wrestling family, especially one that brought so much light and love to every locker room like Sean. pic.twitter.com/1Hd0sF0XvL

— OVW Wrestling (@ovwrestling) March 18, 2023

POST Wrestling would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Sean Patrick O’Brien.