Is Lashley already a failure?

He’s fighting a losing battle WWE right now doesn’t know how to use anyone!

They have a champion who no one cares about and isn’t even around. They have some hot mid-carders who should be leading their company and they have a load of dead weight who could be fine if they just booked them right and had some stories going on.

It just feels such a mess right now and Lashley hasn’t found his place. He’ll be fine i think but needs to do something special soon to stand out otherwise he’ll just get lost in the shuffle and be dancing with Fandango in a month.

I don’t see how he /couldn’t/ be. WWE’s roster is BURSTING at the fucking seams with talent. Every individual part of the card has TONS of people with TONS of talent who are all capable to do whatever’s needed of them, and the WWE /still/ isn’t managing to do much of anything too compelling with 'em. This could change, obviously, but right now he isn’t the focus. He especially isn’t the focus given the fact that he’s just one dude on a roster of absolute elites that they aren’t even completely capitalising on. Again, this could always change, but I’d imagine it taking at least a couple of months to. I can’t even imagine RAW being cut back to two hours at this point (although I’d love that). Guesss WWE just really doesn’t want Impact to have their stars.

They’re not referring to him as Hard-hitting and soft-spoken again are they?

I’m unfamiliar with his TNA days so all I remember is a bland looking, limited HOSS of a wrestler who I couldn’t ever get behind. The vignette on Raw sounded like a step in the right direction initially up until he spoke and now all I think about is him loving his sisters as much as Mr. T loves his mom.

I heard he worked well w/ MVP in the past so I’m all for them bringing him in as the mouthpiece manager. But alas, this company primarily hates the managerial role in present day so I don’t see that ever coming to fruition. He deserves more time before being branded a failure but I don’t have high hopes.

The headband on its own made him look silly, then the terrible booking of him next to Braun didn’t make him look like Brain’s equal but made him look like a side kick especially as there wasn’t any special focus on him, not even a promo. Then he does get time to speak with his own sit down interview and what they did was secure the coffin lid. Not totally buried yet but they’re gonna have to come up with something good for him to jump out and say he’s still alive.

Was gonna say no but that sister thing could end up making me say yes depending on where it goes.

It’s nothing the BDC can’t fix …

beatdownclan

I’ve never been a big fan of Lashley and I caught some of his heel run in TNA but saw very little in that either to be honest. He’s not bad in ring but I don’t see him as a top guy at all. He’s an upper-midcard gatekeeper at best and if you’re gonna use him, he either needs to be a silent character or he needs a mouthpiece.

Failure is a subjective term based on what you see in the performer we’re talking about. Lashley isn’t setting the world alight with what he’s doing but I’ve never thought he could… so for me, other than being made to cut terrible promo’s, he’s pretty much over-achieving.

Yeah…

…It’s pretty much over now.

On reddit, as the Lashley/Zayn trainwreck was taking place, someone posted a clip from TNA and said “This is an exmaple of how good Lashley can be”

It was a clip of a promo between him and Del Rio, and honestly, its was ok at best? Like I don’t think his ceiling is as high as some people think. They’ve tried to show more personality for him so far, and its been a disaster, but I dont think he’s a main event level guy.

Spoiler Alert

This is pro wrasslin’, virtually anyone can be a main event guy if properly promoted. Lashley was great in Impact (the argument could’ve been made that at the time he was one of the best booked champions in the business). Lashley’s got the look & the physical attributes to be a top guy, and he cuts a good “wrestling version of an MMA promo” promo. Honestly, he’s everything the company hopes Rousey will become one day.

But the booking of him so far has been atrocious. I’m glad the guy’s getting a decent payday, but for his sake I really hope that the WWE signs that deal with Fox and Bobby’s still with the company by then because mainstream exposure on that level would be one of the few things to make this worth it (to me at least). :100:

Yup

One of the most interesting aspects of pro wrestling is that just about anything is possible if a guy has some level of talent.

Totally agree

It makes his face look…wrong

I am not a Lashley fan at all so I am not expecting anything good with him.

I agree with everyone…he’s been around for an entire month…time to fire him. The Sky is falling.

Serious question was anybody offended by that segment not because it was stupid but because it was transphobic? I’m going to be completely honest I don’t give a shit about trans rights or their feelings and have no problem with WWE doing something that might be transphobic. They are such an extreme minority and quite frankly just completely alien and weird to me to really care about them.

This will be a good test to let me know where this board stands. https://dailyddt.com/2018/05/22/wwe-raws-transphobic-segment-was-a-huge-mistake/

I think John & Wai put it best on the show, it wasn’t blatantly offensive to any group as much as it was offensive to ALL of their viewers. But if you did feel some type of way about it as a member of the LGBT community, I wouldn’t invalidate your personal perception of the segment.

The most offensive thing to me was just how utterly stupid it was. It did nothing for Zayn & maybe even less than that for Lashley. Bottom of the barrel comedy that didn’t even work for me on a slapstick humor kind of level. Crazy thing is, it’s probably the most memorable segment (other than the weird Ronda-Nia deal) on an ultimately skippable episode of Raw. :100:

1 Like

I would hope that the LGBTQ community know theres a difference between being transgender, being a transvestite and being a couple of guys in drag.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/03/02/rupaul-explains-the-difference-between-drag-queens-and-transgender-people/amp/

I’m fairly sure THEY do, the WWE creative team (and VKM in particular)…Not so much, brother.

And since you brought up the icon that is RuPaul, I’ll let the legend have the last word on my thoughts about that trainwreck of a segment last night…Lol! :100:

:sunglasses:

Yeesh…

I stand by that 100% and don’t care what anybody thinks. I figure a lot of people on this board would be offended by the RAW sketch being transphobic and would virtue signal about it.

I don’t have a problem with them and wish them well. I just don’t care about some wrestling sketch being transphobic nor do I care about any kind of trans rights issues that have been all over the news the past few years.