Is Lashley already a failure?

Nobody brought it up but you.

Congrats on not caring.

1 Like

Not on this board but many any the wrestling community are talking about it.

Go tell them you don’t care

It’s also weird to spend time posting about something you don’t care about. Hmmmmm

1 Like

There’s no point giving him a reaction because he’s a massive contrarian in nearly anything that negatively reflects on WWE. Best to just ignore him entirely and not give him the reaction he wants.

Couple of those in this thread

I haven’t been on a wrestling board in a few years. I forgot how it works.

Is it still too early?

The old Yogi-ism “It gets late early out there” certainly seems to apply to most main roster call-ups and additions.

2 Likes

So how about now? Still too early? Singing Rockin Robin is a surefire way to get over right?

1 Like

As Edge said on his podcast, he never looks like he’s going to hurt you because he’s always smiling and he never looks angry. I think he’s a beast, a fighter, a great athlete and that’s it.

2 Likes

I have always thought that Bobby Lashley was a blackhole where charisma went to die. I have never thought he was entertaining. He’s like quinoa; incredibly healthy but boring.

1 Like

I’ve seen too much good stuff from him on Impact to think that he’s not good, but his return has been so bad that it can’t be defended. Just like Roode, these men have proven that they are best as heels, but this company has them smiling and feuding with low to midcard jobbers. Yes, this return is a failure thus far.

A failure, maybe? But reduced to a nothing more then comedy lower mid-carder yes.

He like so many are reduced to background players, remember all the hype surrounding his return, talk of a dream match between him & Brock. Instead nothing.

It looked like they were trying with him again with his win over Reigns at Extreme Rules but their endless want to see Reigns/Lesnar has changed that. It’s not even like they tried to protect him after losing to Reigns, he went right back to the bad comedy. Lashley works as a silent killer, his best work was when he had a manager talking for him and he was a heel.

1 Like

People who bring up his success in Impact always seem to forget those were when he was paired up with a mouthpiece like MVP and Dan Lambert.

Lashley by himself has always been terrible.

1 Like

If you were in a feature match in Wrestlemania and your match is never talked about in terms of who was involved - did you reall headline Wrestlemania?

This has been my bone to pick with his positioning from the beginning. They tried to remake him as a big former star but the reality is they will never mention what his biggest moment was in his previous run. To the fan base who is too young to remember him and never followed impact he’s actually a nobody.

1 Like

I’m sure being the guy fighting for a polarizing president is totally going to fix his status with a politically mixed audience.

1 Like

This is what I’m gathering here…

1. He’s nothing without a manager
  2. His biggest moment isnt talked about from his previous run

So obviously the solution to fix Lashley…bring in Donald Trump to be his manager and make Lashley a mega heel.

2 Likes

“My clients opponent has a very low IQ, thinking he can fight my man Bobby Lashley, the best out there belee me, look at his muscles, they’re yuuuge.”

I’m no way suggesting it would. But that’s his only notable moment of his first run and the highest he ever got on the card. For them not to want to show that - understanbly so - he really is a nobody to majority of the audience

And even when he didn’t have a mouthpeice, he was scripted to have believable, grounded MMA-style promos which really worked. Lashley’s never going to be The Rock or Dusty Rhodes on the mic, but the guy can talk well enough to compliment his off the charts physical attributes.

The things is, the WWE (or maybe just Vince) has no idea how to portray this man (or anyone really not named “Brock”) as a credible non-nonsesne athlete. Joe would be the closest thing to what Lashley’s ceiling could be & even then they haven’t always done the best by Joe.

The crazy thing is, barring a masterfully done heel turn, this guy’s toast as a top guy. The crazier thing…We ALL kind of saw it coming. :100:

3 Likes