Jeff Hardy pleads not guilty to DUI charge

Originally published at Jeff Hardy pleads not guilty to DUI charge

Hardy pleads not guilty to the DUI charge against him that stems from his June 2022 arrest.

On June 13th, Jeff Hardy was arrested in Volusia County, Florida and accused of driving under the influence, driving while his license is either canceled, suspended or revoked and violating restrictions on his driver’s license.

Per PWInsider, court records note that Jeff filed a written plea of not guilty for the DUI arrest. He filed the plea on June 28th.

The week of Hardy’s arrest, he was scheduled to compete alongside his brother Matt Hardy in a three-way Ladder match for the AEW World Tag Team Championships.

AEW President Tony Khan released a statement on the matter which noted that Jeff is suspended without pay and Jeff can return to AEW after completing treatment and maintaining his sobriety.

I don’t understand this….he was clearly under the influence. Either he is in denial, or this is some legal ploy.
He needs to get help, I begin to loose my empathy when you put innocent peoples lives at risk.

1 Like

I’m no lawyer but I imagine they haven’t offered him a deal so he’s pled not guilty in hopes of getting one before trial starts.

1 Like

Agreed, that’s what I meant by legal ploy.

Yeah, it’s his third offense too so that means up to ten years in jail. If he pleads guilty he’s likely to get that. I’m not sure if jail time would be beneficial to someone who is so deeply addicted, but if I remember correctly he’s been through a number of treatment programs. At this point it becomes less about helping him, and more about a public safety interest. He should get jail time, not sure if 10 years is appropriate though.

3 Likes

Just because he did it doesn’t mean he’s guilty. No lawyer worth his ink pen is going to let a client plead guilty unless a deal is worked out.