John Cena shares that he deals with lordosis, says it's gotten better over the years

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2024/04/12/john-cena-shares-that-he-deals-with-lordosis-says-its-gotten-better-over-the-years/

It has gotten better over the years.

Guest appearing on Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard was John Cena. During their conversation, Cena mentioned that he has lordosis, which is an excessively curved spine in your neck or lower back.

He added that it has gotten better over the years, but Cena has been dealing with it since he was in his 20s. This came up as he was speaking about not fully grasping his own capabilities in the ring. 

I still don’t have a good grasp on knowing my own capabilities (in the ring). Like, always knowing my line and just towing it and trying to push it. Not saying, oh, I’m going to the top rope to do a backflip. I have lordosis so it’s uncomfortable to go ass over teakettle… It’s opposite of scoliosis. Over the years, it’s gotten better, but 20s, I was like, big booty out all the time. It’s like sticking your butt out.

Cena performed on back-to-back nights this week. He was involved in the main event of WrestleMania XL night two and then competed in a six-man tag on the Raw after WrestleMania

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.