LA Knight was 'almost worried' going into WWE Crown Jewel that audience might feel he was being shoved down their throats

Originally published at LA Knight was 'almost worried' going into WWE Crown Jewel that audience might feel he was being shoved down their throats

Knight discusses his rise and where he’s at present day. 

The rise of L.A. Knight in WWE was discussed during his appearance on Busted Open. That rise included Knight getting a shot at Roman Reigns’ Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at Crown Jewel. 

Busted Open co-host Bully Ray gave an assessment that maybe Knight is sick and tired of being put on the backburner and not getting the push he deserves. Knight reacted to that and shared that he was ‘almost worried’ that going into Crown Jewel, the audience might’ve felt he was being shoved down their throats. 

There’s so many different ways to look at that (Bully Ray’s assessment that maybe Knight is ‘sick & tired’ of being put on the backburner & not getting the push he deserves)… Maybe there was a little too far of a push a little too fast and that’s not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but a little bit of a steady build going into a championship match or something like that. As far as going to the U.S. Championship or the Intercontinental Championship or something like that but jumping straight into the WWE Championship back at Crown Jewel was a little fast to where I almost worried that it might make people go, ah! They’re not gonna do this? They’re not gonna shove him down our throat like this? Are they? Because there is that potential. At the same time, right now, I think I’m in a damn good spot… I don’t know if I’m selling myself short so much as I’m just cautiously optimistic.

Coming up at WrestleMania 40, Knight is going to be in a singles match against A.J. Styles. He spoke about that and his opponent. 

Man, there’s so many different ways I can answer that (how he feels about being in a match at WrestleMania against A.J. Styles). One of those and I guess in a certain way, appreciative. I guess in a certain way, also feeling vindicated and a certain way, feeling like it’s long overdue. So, in this regard, at the same time, I also have to consider maybe it’s the exact right time. So, to have this happen and the way it’s happened and the way everything’s come about in the last year leading right into this, yeah, I mean look, a lot of people are like, ‘Oh, it should be for a championship’ and should be this and should be that. Look man, it is what it is and you’re talking about a hell of a spot to be in and I’m not crying about it so, especially considering from a year ago and you know, honestly when I think about that, I think about that trajectory and I think about a year ago, I also think about a year from now and who knows what that holds? Who knows? I could flatline and just everything dies and I’m just in the exact same spot and who knows? Or it could just shoot to the moon again so, I don’t know and all I can do is not focus on that and not worry about that because if you do, I think a lot of stuff, you end up maybe trying a little too hard and things like that so, I’ve had to catch myself at times, because you wanna stay hot and you wanna stay fresh but you don’t wanna be trying if that makes sense. 

He is really, really good. He’s been everywhere, he’s done everything and for me, I mean you’re looking at two different styles and to put those together, look, who knows how it’s gonna come out? But I’m pretty sure… I don’t see how it doesn’t come out good.

It has not been publicly announced whether Knight versus Styles is going to take place on night one or two. There are only four matches that have a set night. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Busted Open with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

Don’t worry that audience was forced to be there and has bigger aspects of life forced down their throats

2 Likes