Lance Anoa'i undergoes surgery to repair a torn labrum, rotator cuff and bicep tendon

Originally published at Lance Anoa'i undergoes shoulder surgery

Lance Anoa’i out of action until mid-2022.

Ten-year veteran Lance Anoa’i was last in action on December 4th for a ‘Metro Pro Wrestling’ event. Anoa’i took to his Instagram page today and shared that has been dealing with a shoulder injury and after undergoing physical therapy, no improvements were made so he had shoulder surgery on December 17th.

Anoa’i had a labrum, rotator cuff and bicep tendon repaired and noted that he’s aiming to return to the ring by the summer of 2022.

Injury Report- I have been on the low lately dealing with a shoulder injury. After physical therapy and cortisone shot nothing was working. So as of this past Friday I had surgery on my right shoulder. Surgeon had to repair a torn Labrum, torn rotator cuff and torn bicep tendon. A little more then we thought. But also blessed they were able to go in there and repair everything. Just a long road to recovery! Can’t wait to be back and stronger then ever! #TheReturn #Summer2022

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lance Anoai (@lance_anoai)

Anoa’i was a part of MLW’s 40-person Battle Riot over the summer.

POST Wrestling conducted an interview with Anoa’i in 2020 that can be watched or read by clicking either of the highlighted texts.