Lance Archer reveals positive COVID-19 test

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/09/23/lance-archer-reveals-positive-covid-19-test/

AEW’s Lance Archer was scheduled to compete on tonight’s edition of Dynamite in a six-man tag team match alongside Brian Cage and Ricky Starks as they were set to take on Darby Allin, Will Hobbs and AEW World Champion Jon Moxley.

Archer took to Twitter recently and revealed that after indirectly coming in contact with a friend who was COVID positive, he has now tested positive for COVID-19.

When I returned from our last show, a family member was ill when I got home. I found out later a friend who had taken my family member to the Vet for our Dachshund was COVID positive. While at home, now I’ve also gotten sick tested positive. I feel ok, expect to see me in 2 wks

— The Murderhawk Monster Lance Archer (@LanceHoyt) September 23, 2020

Archer is still scheduled to challenge Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship on the AEW Anniversary show on October 14th. Following Archer’s tweet, Moxley noted that he’s going to be putting the world title on the line on Dynamite.

Change of plans. I'm putting up the title tonight. Live TV babe. #AEWDynamite

— Jon Moxley (@JonMoxley) September 23, 2020

A new episode of Rewind-A-Dynamite will be up on the site following the show going off the air on TNT and that can be listened to at this link.

Hoping for Mox vs Will Hobbs tonight and they make him a star!

Just announced Moxley vs Kingston, which should be amazing.

2 Likes

I’ll get the ball rolling… “ugh, putting a title match on regular TV with no build.” :grimacing:

Kingston was never eliminated in the battle royal #planschangepal

1 Like

Yeah, I do agree about hot shotting The Title Match on very short notice.

I’m guessing that Archer was going to beat Moxley in the 6 man.

At least the seeds of Kingston wanting a Title Shot because of not being eliminated in The Battle Royal were planted.

Oh yeah, I’m mostly just shit disturbing (with a bit of actual curiosity mixed in). AEW still has a level of “benefit of the doubt“ that WWE neither has nor deserves at this point, but I am still interested in how the reaction (here and elsewhere) differs based on the company involved.

I can’t really say I have too much interest in that match, but I definitely have more interest in Moxley/Kingston than I did in Moxley/Archer.

Happy for Kingston though.

I actually thought they were going to have Moxley/Kingston at Full Gear, so I’m happy they did it on Dynamite instead.

I haven’t watched it yet, was it any good? Any better than Moxley/Cage?

It was good. I really liked Moxley/Cage though and am not a big Kingston fan, so for me, that match was more enjoyable than this.

1 Like

Not really an Eddie Kingston guy, but for a match they had to book on the fly that everyone absolutely knew who would win, I thought they extracted about as good of a return as possible on what will probably be the peak of the Kingston momentum in AEW. And frankly, I don’t know how long it’ll last, but putting a Moxley title match on a show is one of the few things in American wrestling you know is going to pop a number (and I expect it to widen the gap a bit for this week with NXT because of it), so it’ll never be a bad decision to find a way to make one happen, no matter the storyline path.