Latest on CM Punk sending home talent

As I’m sure most people are aware, in addition to the promo, he cut on Page, it’s been reported that he’s had numerous talent barred from the collision building.

He’s had Nethem sent home, Matt Hardy, Hangman and in a real head scratch his own boss Chris Daniel’s (the head of talent relations)

This couldn’t be more bizarre if it was a wrestling angle

I’m still trying to determine what is going on here. Why would Tony send home all these people especially his own head of talent relations at the request of a talent?

Is this some elaborate plan or is Tony really that much to blame here for listening to this extent to one guy to the point of sending home your own head of talent relations because he doesn’t like him?

Are most people aware of this? I haven’t heard about it. It hasn’t been reported by or discussed by anyone related to Post Wrestling. Is it even verified?

I also haven’t been on Twitter since they rebranded as “X”. I think it’s done me a lot of good.

Dave mentioned it on his Pod

It seems to be accurate if you follow them on Twitter (Matt etc)

1 Like

I think Daniels could be part of a shuffling of who works on what show perhaps?

I could understand if The Bucks don’t want to work with Punk. After the renegotiation and new deal, The Elite will be in AEW long after Punk is gone… And maybe they don’t feel the need to work with him “in ring”.

Omega has gone on record that he’s more than willing to work with Punk. I’m sure some of the stuff with Hangman being publicly mentioned is leaning towards a work. Punk is clearly positioning himself as a heel. So taking shots at a beloved Babyface makes sense.

As for talents not being used at ROH tapings… I wouldn’t look too deep into that.

I still believe we are headed to a Punk & FTR vs. Some variation of The Elite (Omega, Hangman, Ibushi??) later this fall.

Who knows. Maybe Wembley and Chicago feature some angles pushing things in that direction.

Anyway, I generally like Meltzer, but him and others (somebody like Nick Hausman) and more, have clearly been misdirected on this entire situation over the last year. They said Punk wasn’t coming back. He did. They said The Elite were very unhappy. They re-signed. Bucks are working FTR at Wembley.

For those looking for more context.

I really have a hard time believing that Punk / Hangman have some legit issue at this point.

And if there is an issue - it seems to be completely Punk’s. Hangman has not said a single word publicly, but has been focused on his own path. Punk, who claims everybody else is soft - yet holds an apparent grudge against Page for one line in a promo 14 months ago.

1 Like

Christopher Daniel strikes me as oddest

He’s supposed to be in charge of talent like Punk and Punk has him sent home and TK acquiesces?

Makes no sense.

1 Like

I’m confused about where the truth behind the Daniels story is. What is the exact allegation.
I’ve heard everything from Daniels being flown in and just being told he wasn’t needed that night vs. being sent home by Punk.

Unless Daniels goes on record, I have a hard time believing stuff.

We will definitely find out what is going on in about two weeks, when Dynamite and Collision are being filmed on the same night.

I never heard of this story until now, very odd. It is wrestling, so you never know when someone is a work, but it does sometimes feel like Tony is juggling way more ego’s then he can handle at this point. Rather then putting this issue to bed, it feels like he’s to degree telling both sides what they want to hear. When you create a new TV show to essentially feature one half of a dispute rather then resolving the despite its only matter of time until the powder keg blows.

You’re always going to have his defenders say its all a work, but nothing about this from the beginning felt like an actual wrestling angle.

Feels like Dave is being worked and only speaking to one side (not surprising). Just not sure what the benefit of the news is if it’s angle

Is this still a safe space?

2 Likes

To think even your head of talent relations was sent home. Can you imagine JR in this situation? :laughing:

1 Like

I’m of the belief this angle has been specifically building by not doing stuff on TV.

AEW built it’s audience for a “smart fan”. They know promos after a show will leak online. They know people will talk.

MJF “walks out”.
Punk is done and never coming back.
Elite unhappy, looking towards WWE.

Also a separate thought. What if All Out is built around the fallout of a major angle or chaos coming out of All In?

4 Likes

I see what you are saying but if they want to attract new fans they shouldn’t be doing this stupidity.

As for All In - I don’t know how many people will watch both without a huge hook

I assume there will be a major angle on All In to push folks toward All Out. I just don’t think that the card itself is the reason why fans may not purchase both. Fans who pay for PPVs are already invested, no pun intended. But they either have the $100 or they don’t, no matter what happens in terms of booking between now and then.

1 Like

I’m fairness, the same fans all thought the original incident was a work as well. I agree with you, no benefit at this point.

1 Like

In my situation, I would disagree with this. I love AEW and have ordered every single PPV. The $100 while steep in the middle of saving for a big vacation, I can absolutely shell out, but I am heavily leaning towards not ordering, depending on the card. If there is some huge angle leading into the show, then I 100% will order, but if it is a generic card with no buzz, I may pass.

I’m just not sure. I want to support them as much as I possibly can. At the same time, whether you have the money or not, 2 $50 shows in the span of a week is asking a lot of your audience and I wouldnt want to be apart of something that makes them want to try this again.

1 Like

Watch this promo and tell me it doesn’t make you think https://youtu.be/UDcj9ScKLVY

1 Like

Totally agree. I think most people can afford it but that doesn’t mean we feel okay about shelling out that much for something that hasn’t reeled you in as yet.

1 Like

I have the money but I’m not buying both shows. I will probably skip All In. I won’t be able to watch on Saturday afternoon. And if I order it later in the evening, I will probably have already been spoiled by the matches and surprises. I’m sure AEW will put out a ton of highlight videos so I’ll get an idea of the crowd, the stage and best matches.

Instead I’ll try and order All Out.

2 Likes