Location announced for WrestleMania 35 in 2019

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/03/15/location-announced-for-wrestlemania-35-in-2019/

The WWE has announced that the 2019 edition of WrestleMania will be returning to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, April 7th.

The news that MetLife Stadium would be hosting the show was first reported back in January by Robbie Fox at Barstool Sports.

The company has also announced that the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York would be hosting the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony, NXT Takeover, Raw, and SmackDown Live that week.

The Barclays Center has been the home of SummerSlam since 2015 and given WrestleMania’s location, that would suggest that SummerSlam weekend would not take place in Brooklyn. Although, nothing has been announced by the WWE regarding SummerSlam for 2019.

This will be the second time that MetLife Stadium has hosted WrestleMania, with the first being in 2013 for WrestleMania 29. That show was headlined by the rematch between The Rock and John Cena and was the final WrestleMania to air exclusively on pay-per-view.

I’m mildly surprised they are going back to MetLife. They got lucky with the weather 5 years ago and might not next year. I would imagine that SummerSlam would have to be on the move next year too.

1 Like

So much for them staying out of the northeast for mania. Would it be funny if this backfires on them next year and they have to postpone the event because of a snow storm?

I live about a two-hour drive from MetLife Stadium, and we’re currently expecting a Nor’easter somewhere around March 20-22 (the fourth one in about a two week span). While it would be bad luck, it’s not too crazy to think that the same thing could happen on April 7 next year. Certainly possible that we would be looking at temperatures around/below freezing after sundown.

Will the year after be at the Sun Life Stadium? They’re doing the same stadiums but in reverse order.

If you’re getting the tax breaks and bid for those stadiums, would YOU go anywhere else?

I hope it goes well weather wise. I froze my butt off last time Mania was there. It wasn’t even a strong show.

I get why they’re doing it, why change what they know will work for them?

I get why they would take the risk of running a stadium like MetLife. But seeing how mother nature as been lately, I just hope they don’t have to cancelled or move the event to a smaller venue because of a snowstorm which is a real possibility

MetLife really should have a roof.