"Marvelous" Mitch Ryder passes away

Originally published at "Marvelous" Mitch Ryder passes away - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

“Marvelous” Mitch Ryder has passed away at the age of 48. Ryder’s passing was confirmed by Ian Rotten on Facebook and his life and career work was praised on social media by several wrestlers such as Drew Gulak, Mance Warner, Chris Hero, Evil Uno and Lince Dorado.

Per Cagematch.net, Ryder’s last match took place in April of 2017 in a tag match and on the opposite side of the ring from Ryder was Mance Warner. Ryder was a constant in IWA Mid-South from 2016 to his last match in 2017.

This really sucks Mitch Ryder was one of the people that taught me so much his promos backstage at IWA midsouth old school calling it on the fly I’ll never forget him telling me if ya late get some oil on ya hands tell em your truck broke down better late then not showing up https://t.co/GZtxTmukyv

— Mance Warner (@ManceWarner) August 6, 2020

Mitch Ryder was one of a kind. I spent a few short years around him & have a lifetime of stories. He was always good to me and an absolute PLEASURE to watch in his element.

You know how Falcon Arrow = HE DID THE DEAL… That came from Mitch. Rest In Peace, friend 💜💕

— Chris Hero (Is Back) (@ChrisHero) August 6, 2020

RIP to "Marvelous" Mitch Ryder. Anytime I get to share a ring with @LuchadorLD I do a little tribute to Mitch. He used to take the time to run seminars with all of the CHIKARA talent before the shows because he wanted to help everyone get better.https://t.co/GS81cQw0rw

— Drew Gulak (@DrewGulak) August 6, 2020

RIP #MitchRyder Class act, stood up for the boys, took care of me in the ring, gave me my first real outside booking, and will be missed. pic.twitter.com/SHRM2NPN9B

— Lince Dorado (@LuchadorLD) August 6, 2020

POST Wrestling would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Mitch Ryder.

1 Like

That’s a shame to hear. I’ve seen Mitch Ryder live on a regular basis over ten years ago on Chikara shows.

1 Like