Matt Riddle undergoes name change, now going by "Riddle"

He was also spraying perfume and feuding with Duke “The Dumpster” Drowsy…

Well thats my point, they did take his last name away. Though in his case it was a good thing.

Anything is better than Shorty G I guess.

Some interesting speculation on the Keeping it 100 podcast last week, basically saying that Riddle has heat with Rollins over something that happened over Survivor Series weekend last year.

I guess Rollins also buried Riddle on RAW Talk or one of the WWE post shows too.

Would explain a lot

Riddle me this, Riddle me that, who’s afraid, of the big, bad Matt?

2 Likes

After this (as well as the countless other name shortenings) and the steaming issue, how are you supposed to like WWE as a company?

Why not just change his name to Flip Flop Magee?

2 Likes

Saw something credited to the Observer saying this change was made so that people wouldn’t Google “Matt Riddle” and find the stories about the Samantha Tavel allegations and lawsuit.

So riddle me this: why not just cut him?

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

To answer your question, they either think he’s innocent or they think he’s too valuable.

So instead they will google “Riddle” and not come up with him at all. Or Riddle WWE and the story about his sexual assault law suit is still a top result. If they wanted to avoid that they should have made him Rebar and added him to retribution.

2 Likes

And yet, they still have Lars Sullivan in a prominent role…

Was that not a joke? Search engines are a little more advanced than that, no? Soon enough every search for “Riddle” will produce the results for Matt Riddle, because people will be searching for Riddle. The Riddle WWE are telling people to search for.

If you Google “Cesaro” you’re not being restricted to results post-name change. If you could just manipulate search engine algorithms that easily everyone would be doing it.

Sounds like Vince has as good a grasp on SEO as he does live streaming and social media.

1 Like

Well, if tomorrow they got rid of Kofi’s fake last name Kingston and just call him Kofi, I would actually support it.

It’s already established that he’s not a Jamaican, so why call him “Kofi Kingston?”

Riddle mi this, riddle me that - how much is left from my contract?

1 Like

I just like my stars to actually have full names (first and last). You aren’t always going to say both (for Matt Riddle announcers probably will always refer to him as Riddle.).

Unless you have a non-standard name (The Rick, The Undertaker, HHH.) I think people should have first and last names.
Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
John Cena

Can you imagine any of them just having part of the name?
Yes there are times when you only use one
“Cena, with the AA.”
But other times you want to use the other name. Like an interview setting
“So Matt l, can you give us your thoughts on the match.”

Sounds much more normal than “So Riddle…”

That said Kofi would work better because it is his first name, so people talking to him would still sound normal.

If you smell what the Rick is cooking! :smiley:

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.