Miro reflects on his TNT Championship run: "Ever since I lost that title, that title has gone to sh*ts"

Originally published at Miro reflects on his TNT Championship run: "Ever since I lost that title, that title has gone to sh*ts"

‘The Redeemer’ Miro reflects on his TNT Title win and chats re-signing with AEW.

For 140 days, Miro was in possession of AEW’s TNT Championship. His reign began in May 2021 and he lost the belt in September of that same year.

He looked back on that title reign as he was being interviewed by WhatCulture. Miro expressed that he made the title special by putting in the work. He later stated that he takes some blame for being too good of a champion and the title began to go in a different direction once Sammy Guevara got it.

Well, it’s the man that creates the title, not the title that creates the man. I think everything I did with that title , he did the four-70,000-do-whatever-the-thing is. I was preparing to protect myself, he landed right on my balls and you can’t kick out of that, nobody can. So I don’t even take fault of that but I take fault — I take a fault of maybe being too good of a champion because ever since I lost that title, that title has gone to sh*ts and that’s nothing but to blame Sammy Guevara for that, so he’s got to bear the cross for that.

Earlier this year, Miro re-signed with All Elite Wrestling. He talked about the formation of ‘The Redeemer’ character and added that one of the reasons he agreed to sign a multi-year deal is because Tony Khan gave him the ball and is letting him run with it.

It wasn’t planned for years, it wasn’t planned at all situation like before, that would have never happened.

This past Sunday at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, Miro was unsuccessful in becoming the first All-Atlantic Champion. He competed in a four-way for the title and PAC came out as champion.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit WhatCulture with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.