MLW and Cody Hall not expected to be working together

Originally published at MLW and Cody Hall not expected to be working together

On Friday, it was reported that Cody Hall was signed to a contract with MLW, and POST Wrestling has learned additional details.

It was reported by Raj Giri of Wrestling INC that Hall had signed with the promotion earlier this year, which is accurate, but since that time the sides have agreed to part ways. It is unknown if Hall is still technically under his deal, or not, but he is not in MLW’s plans.

We are not aware of the specific circumstances that led to the change in the decision, although it was noted to us that there was no animosity on MLW’s end towards Hall. The promotion had batted around booking ideas for Hall, including a role with CONTRA Unit.

The 29-year old Hall last wrestled in February for the DDT organization in Japan. Hall and DDT parted ways following a tweet that was posted and deleted earlier this year by Hall that read, “Blah blah coronavirus. Welcome to the yellow fever.”

Hall did issue a response to clarify what he meant by the tweet:

It’s come to my attention joke I tried to make has been misconstrued. I certainly seem to be bad at Twitter, but I thought I’d try to explain myself at the very least because I hate to hear people are upset.

I made a comment based on a picture I saw of a fellow wrestler with a young Japanese girl, he seemed to have a big smile on his face and this prompted me to say, ‘Forget corona virus, he’s got the yellow fever.’

In my head it was just playful and silly and trying to be friends with another wrestler. I myself have dated a Japanese woman for 5 years while also living in Japan full time. I love Japan and its people more than anywhere in the world, and I’m sorry I did anything other than just say that. And I don’t think I’ll be tweeting anytime soon, so I’d like to go out with a sincere apology. What I said was rude and a sensitive time, and I’m sorry to anyone offended and I thank them for letting me know.

Unfortunately I often learn things the hard way, but all I can do is try to explain myself and learn, change and never do it again. I hope this makes sense, and I’m sorry to anyone involved.