Music You Love

basically just owen pallett and death from above

I had a big jazz phase for a while (Miles, Coltrane). Love the Spain album and Bitches Brew. I also like some old Chicago house sometimes.

I try to be open minded about music and have found artists or songs I like in every genre. Or I can at least appreciate the talent or hard work it took to make the music if it isn’t my cup of tea.

That being said my favorite genre will always be alternative rock and punk. My five favorite bands are:

1. Blink 182
  2. Metallica
  3. Foo Fighters
  4. Jimmy Eat World
  5. Incubus

With honorable mention to more bands than I can list.

I have been making an effort recently though to listen to new music and see new bands live. A few kick ass artists I highly recommend are:

1. Black Pistol Fire
  2. The Wrecks
  3. Goodbye June - Yes! The new Raw band. A total surprise but they are amazing live. A mixture of Rage against the Machine and Leonard Skynard.
  4. The Hunna
  5. NF

Popular / radio music going back to the 60s. This includes the alternative music which became popular in the 90s and early 2000s. I can also get behind film and television scores, and likewise trailer music and video game or anime music and songs. Sure I don’t speak a lick of Japanese but people praise classic German operas and my ear is pretty bad at catching English-spoken lyrics anyhow. The Initial D cartoon in particular introduced my to Eurobeat which I dig even though I dislike club scenes.

Basically I’m a sucker for anything with a nice melody so I can listen a lot to “I Cry” by Flo Rida even though the lyrics are pretty weak.I might be naturally adverse to death metal and vulgar rap songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slm_Bw8YyL0

Old Stuff/The All-Timers:

• The Beatles
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Michael Jackson
  • OutKast
  • Prince
  • Jay-Z
  • Kanye
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • New Edition (plus their solo stuff)

New Stuff:

• Kendrick Lamar (The “Black Panther” sdtk is dope!)
  • Chance The Rapper
  • J. Cole
  • Wale
  • Bruno Mars

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I guess I’m a bit of a pop punk, rock & Metal guy when it comes down to it. Some of my favourite bands/Artists are

R.E.M.
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Frank Turner (He’s amazing live as well)
The Xcerts (Check them out if you like emotional pop rock)
Deaf Havana
Fightstar
Slipknot
Funeral For a Friend
Brigade
Blink 182
Taking Back Sunday
The Used
Biffy Clyro
Good Charlotte
Sum 41
Seether