New ideas for dark Side of a ring

Look at the “Beyond the Music” series. Sure, not every band has a story like the Beatles or the Stones, but there is no shortage of wild stories. They don’t always have to end in people dying. I’m just saying that most wrestlers have lived a hard lifestyle. Hell, the C.M. Punk story would be a good episode. Sabu, Perry Saturn…

Chyna and Brian Pillman would be very interesting. Scott Hall would be good too

I never said they have to end in people dying, but they can’t be the exact same story over and over again. Its not like this is some “rule”, but viewers will tune out. CM Punk would be a cool one, that is different which is my point.

Ok, gotcha.
But when you have an industry built on characters and is laced with all sorts of tragedy, there’s no shortage of material. Magnum T.A. could be another interesting episode. Hell, racism in professional wrestling could be it’s own series

1 Like

I think one on Ian Rotten and IWA Mid South would be so interesting. They had that radio interview a few years back where everyone called in to accuse him of so much, such as sexually abusing his adopted daughter (Mickie Knuckles) and him taking part of a over the top beating of Mike Levy during Queen of the Deathmatch 2008. Just to name a couple.
Besides that I’m with most when I say I would love to see one about Larry Sweeney and Brian Pillman.

1. The Rockers
  2. Steroid/drug abuse in wrestling in general
  3. ECW
  4. British Bulldogs
  5. Chyna
  6. Sunny

I think for Henning it would be cool because of the many different things that happened:

-initial rise with Scott half
-wwe run as midcarder and inc champ
-hurting his back, being out and then the match with Bret in pain
-coming back as Flairs consultant and eventually coming back when his insurance policy didn’t pay
-coming back and wrestling flair then a hiatus then back again with a short Luger build
-jump to WCW and the whole “rap is crap”
-eventual return to WWE at the royal rumble with a great run

• Plane Ride From Hell
    -death
    -legacy of his son

It was just such a rich and interesting career even if you don’t consider how great and how loved by his fellow wrestlers he was.

I can see not doing every wrestler that died of drugs etc (ie Hercules, Big Bossman, Lance Cade) but the Curt story is just so much more than that

2 Likes

If they could get Hall, Bret, Flair, Lugar, and someone from that plane ride in addition to Hall (ideally someone who was sober lol), the way you laid that out would be a very captivating episode.

Brought this back because I think they could do a full series based on the last few months, dark side of the ring 2020.

1/ speaking out movement.
2/ cryme tyme ( the general gimmick is pretty bad, jtg has some excellent stories in his book, and shads passing is tragic)
3/ hana kimura and general online bullying/producer manipulation.
4/ Sonya Seville and Mandy rose stalker.
5/ wwes response to covid 19, not testing and the outbreak that occurred.
6/ pro-wrestling’s “the show must go on” mentality, given the Matt Hardy incident last night, it’s very disturbing that their is no go-to protocol for these instances.

WCW’s entire history leading up to the end of their existence!

EDIT: James “Kamala” Harris’s life and poor health.

EDIT: I know you guys won’t know: the aborted WWE run of a Hong Kong wrestler Ho Ho Lun. He was among the first Chinese wrestlers to wrestle in WWE. He was a hopeful who competed in the Dusty Rhodes tag tournament alone with another Chinese guy whose name escapes me.

Basically, his mother was sick, so he asked to be released from his contract to tend to his mother.

Seems regretful.

Marty Jannetty

there is so much there. So much.