NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 - Anybody watching?

I re-subscribed to NJPW World getting ready to watch Wrestle Kingdom next week. I myself have fallen off a bit on the New Japan product after the G1 as not much of interest has been going on and I haven’t been the biggest fan of Sanada’s world title run. However, this PPV looks to be getting good.

Is anybody else giving it a shot? What are your thoughts on the current NJPW product?

I mean the card looks pretty swell and with Bryan Danielson coming over, that adds a touch of further excitement for me.

• SANADA (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight championship

• Kazuchika Okada vs. Bryan Danielson

• Will Ospreay vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay for the new IWGP Global Heavyweight title

• Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. El Desperado for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight championship

• Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the NJPW World Television title

• Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Tama Tonga for the NEVER Openweight championship

• Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney (c) vs. TJP & Francesco Akira for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team titles

• IWGP Tag Team Champions Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs. NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Champions Hikuleo & El Phantasmo in a Winner-takes-all Tag Team title match:

• Yuya Uemura vs. Yota Tsuji

• Kaito Kiyomiya & Shota Umino vs. Ren Narita & EVIL

• New Japan Rambo - final four advance to New Year’s Dash!! for KOPW 2024 belt

2 Likes

Always too! My show of the year most years so no matter what I’m excited for NJPW to tear the house down!!

1 Like

Same here. Havent really watched since April. But been keeping up on the news.

Really looking forward to this show! I can look forward more to the one day format to the two.

The Danielson match and three way are the real draws imo.

Should be a fun morning!

2 Likes

Danielson will be a kid in a candy store once he walks down that ramp. lol

Haven’t missed a Wrestle Kingdom in about a decade, don’t plan on starting now. I’m glad they’ve gone back to one night.

1 Like

Very good card on paper. Solid mix of young talent in new matchups (Uemura/Tsuji and Shota & Kaito/HOT) and “old faithful” matches like Hiromu/Despy and ZSJ/Tanahashi. Okada/Danielson will effectively serve as the main event for the international fans, while the Japanese fanbase will be electric for SANADA/Naito.

Shingo/Tama is definitely a miss for me. They could have done better for a Shingo Takagi singles match at Wrestle Kingdom. The three way also doesn’t do much for me, although I’m sure the match will be good given the participants.

I might only follow through podcasts (for quite sometime now), but I’ll always have time for January 4th and Wrestle Kingdom. I’m won’t watch live like I used to, but I will watch most of it eventually.

3 Likes