NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 - Live Discussion Thread

Anybody who’s staying up, let’s discuss and shoot the night of action here!

• IWGP World Heavyweight Championship : SANADA (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
  • IWGP Global Heavyweight Championship : Will Ospreay vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship : Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. El Desperado
  • IWGP Jr Tag Championship : Bullet Club War Dogs (c) vs. Catch 2/2
  • NJPW World Television Championship : Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
  • NEVER Openweight Championship : Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Tama Tonga
  • IWGP Tag & STRONG Openweight Tag Team Championships : Bishamon (IWGP Tag) vs. Hikuleo & El Phantasmo (STRONG Openweight Tag)
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada
  • Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
  • Kaito Kiyomiya & Shota Umino vs. HOUSE OF TORTURE (EVIL & Ren Narita)
  • Kickoff : KOPW 2024 New Japan Ranbo
1 Like

Happy January 4th! :partying_face: :laughing:

Edit: When did NJPW World change? It’s much improved.

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

Nick and Ryan Nemeth are in the front row for the world tag championship match.

They changed it around just before tag league. There are certainly some improvements, but they have yet to upload the majority of their library, and the search engine is completely fucked.

1 Like

Okada and Danielson SLAPPED AF!

1 Like

Bro! You got some tremendous seats. That’s my dream to actually watch a wrestling card at the Tokyo Dome in the next few years.

2 Likes

Thanks! The stream quality looks better than I remember from last year but that could be me remembering video quality from 2018 NJPW World rather than 2023-24.

No it’s definitely a notable improvement in video quality from even this time last year. One of the bigger positive changes for the site.

1 Like

Okay, thought it was just me. I’ve been looking for the classics like the 94 Super J Cup and looks like they haven’t added it yet.

1 Like

In not news, I love ZSJ. I love his British dickhead punk entrance music. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :laughing: :laughing: :heart_eyes:

The video funtionality is massivley improved from last year.

Edit: New commentator sounds like he went to the Ian Riccaboni International School for Wrestling broadcasting. This is my first NJPW show since WK 17 (Because Forbidden Door is AEW), so there is lots of new for me.

Edit 2: Uemura’s hair is something to behold. :heart_eyes: :laughing: Guys, Our young lions are all grown up now! (again!) lol.

Final Edit: Will Ospreay is the far and away best. Will pay to see Ospreay if he is scheduled for the Vancouver AEW show. 100%. Sad to learn about the untimely end to Ren Narita’s career - Long live his facial hair. Okada/Danielson :heart_eyes:. A Giulia or Iwatani match would have been nice. I had to watch the Rambo to find Taichi and Ishii. I did not watch all of the Rambo. Not a chance. Tachi derobed and I was done. Fun show. Worth the price of admission (most always is).

2 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks for the photos!

I don’t follow NJPW closely, but have been fascinated by the Dome (or Egg Some as I was introduced to it as), ever since watching the WCW Japan Supershow 3 one afternoon.

It magically descrambled on PPV one afternoon when it aired. I tuned in to “listen” to it, and by some freak occurence it was totally clear.

So cool you got to go!

3 Likes

ZSJs entrance was my favourite too.

1 Like