NXT 2.0 falls in viewers and 18-49, numbers increase in Canada

Originally published at NXT 2.0 falls in viewers and 18-49, numbers increase in Canada

For the third consecutive week, NXT 2.0 posted a decrease from the week prior as the show finished 34th for the night on cable.

The October 4th episode of NXT 2.0 on the USA Network averaged 632,000 viewers and 170,000 (0.13) in the 18-49 demographic, per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics and Showbuzz Daily.

The show was promoted around an eight-man tag, which was later changed to a Fatal Four-Way Elimination match with MSK defending their tag titles against the Grizzled Young Vets, Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams, and Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs.

It was NXT’s lowest audience since a taped episode on September 7th, which was the week before the relaunch of the brand. The 18-49 number is among the lowest of the year. If you exclude the two episodes in August that aired on Syfy, there are three other USA editions that registered 0.13 (March 17, May 25 & June 29) and one show (Feb. 10) that did 0.12 as the only comparable weeks.

NXT ranked 34th for the night on cable, it was down 3.5 percent in overall viewers and dropped 7 percent in the 18-49 demo. The major competition came from the Wild Card game between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox that averaged over 7.1 million viewers on ESPN.

The largest decline was seen in males 18-49 followed by males 12-34. Adult 18-34, females 12-34, and over 50 saw no change from the week prior.

After four editions of NXT 2.0, the show is averaging 701,000 viewers and 222,000 in 18-49.

In Canada, NXT went against MLB playoffs and a Toronto Maple Leafs’ game and finished with 73,000 viewers and 25,000 in the 25-54 demographic on Sportsnet 360.

While NXT did not finish among the top ten sports broadcasts for the day in Canada, the numbers were up 25 percent in overall viewers and 22.5 percent in the 25-54 demo from the week prior. It was NXT’s best viewership in Canada since the relaunch episode on September 14th.

I watched some Raw the rating was up
I didn’t watch NXT 2.0 and the rating was down
I’m not saying… I’m just saying
Maybe I move ratings

You need to watch all two hours of Impact without changing the channel to really rest the theory

2 Likes