NXT Takeover: New Orleans Live Discussion Thread

Johnny Gargano -Tommasso Ciampa

*Greatest tag-team in nxt history

*Greatest rivalry in nxt history

*Greatest main event in nxt history

*Greatest match in nxt history

1 Like

Where would you send Gargano off to after the classic matches against Almas in Philly and Ciampa tonight?

The possibility of a match between Gargano and Black for the NXT title in Chicago later this spring would be undoubtedly yet another classic for a third Takeover in a row.

1 Like

I’d put him on any show with Kevin Owens and Sami zayn, they would be the best opponents I can think of the top of my head right now maybe even a feud with Samoa joe would be awesome.

1 Like

I’d put him on any show with Kevin Owens and Sami zayn, they would be the best opponents I can think of the top of my head right now maybe even a feud with Samoa joe would be awesome.

I think 205 Live would be a disservice to Gargano, so main roster or the idea of letting him feud with Black would be nice but it would likely only be to lose, he needs his time in the spot light being such a consistent worker.

I think the outcome made it clear.why they did haha

1 Like

Thats gonna be really really really hard for Wrestlemania to top.

1 Like

I hear ya, but it would have been very easy to get to the same ending and protect the Rhodes tournament. Winner of the finals are on Takeover and that team gets the trophy and an immediate title shot. O’Reilly and Cole are out at ringside to face the winner. Cole’s getting taped up by a trainer while the finals are going on. (so now I don’t have to throw him through a table to take him out of the 3 way). Akam gets thrown outside the ring and O’Reilly smashes him into the time keepers area without the ref seeing. (crowd thinks that U.E. doesn’t want to fight AOP due to their size but in O’Reilly’s mind, he’s just setting up the turn). Akam gets counted out (so I’m not pinning AOP if that’s important). Dunne and Strong celebrate like they’ve just won the World Series (massively helping out the turn about to happen). Title match happens like it did and then the big turn (and have Strong crack Dunne over the back with a gimmicked Dusty trophy). Same amount of total match time. The Rhodes tournament is protected. UE look like even more cunning mischievous jerks (outsmarting Regal in the end) and strengthening their numbers.

One might say why would I care about protecting the tournament? Well, next time they do it, what’s the point of watching any of the Rhodes Classic if a team not in it can win? It would be like Dolph Ziggler winning the cruiserweight championship tomorrow. Take the Andre Battle Royal for instance. They don’t care so the fans don’t care about it. Winner gets a US or Intercontinental title shot (whichever brand he is on). Simple. Winner of the Moola (uh, scratch that) Women’s Battle Royal gets to main event her show next week. Simple.

Anyhow, I did enjoy the turn. It keeps AE Strong.

A very Dusty finish

1 Like

It seemed like only Strong and Dunn bothered tagging in and out… I was very confused at what the rules were supposed to be in that match.

2 Likes

WHAT A SHOW! It seemed like ROH Supercard of Honor had all the hype but NXT delivered an incredible show. It’s gonna be hard for any show this weekend to measure up.

4 Likes

Agree 100%
Because of the debacle that was Honor Club I watched NXT first which is opposite what I intended.
It’s amazing how slick the production quality and matches were compared to ROH which definitely felt substandard in production this weekend.

Agree… after watching a bunch of shows streaming this week, I realized how important good comentary enhances a match while watching nxt. I’ll never make fun Micheal Cole again becuase he is better than anyone I heard on the non wwe shows this week.