NXT TAKEOVER PHILADELPHIA DISCUSSION THREAD

Add War Machine add EC3 add Candice LeRae add Ricochet wow wow wow Takeover New Orleans is going to be stacked

Gargano is the purest baby face since Bryan and it really shows in that match. I agree that it’s a contender for MOTY over Jericho Omega simply because that entire crowd was behind Gargano and that is rare these days

What did you make of the extreme rules match Cole vs Black?

Incredible! I love both dudes. Was wearing Aleister’s shirt for tonight’s event. I definitely loved it!

Velveteen Dream is gonna be a HUGE star!

AOP vs Undisputed was a great way to open the show!

The whole thing was the best WWE product so far this year.

1 Like

Damn. There was a couple times I thought they might be going too long and they were always able to pick the crowd right back up. Has there been an NXT match rated 5 stars yet?

Overall, a entertaining show. A little spotty in the middle but Cole/Black and Cien/Gargano matches made the show!

There’s been a few 4.75 rated matches rated by Meltzer Neville vs Zayn and Pete Dunne vs Tyler bate

I really liked this show. That last match … damn … what a good one. Won’t see a match like that tomorrow.

1 Like

This was better than Omega Jericho.

1 Like

I’d say 80% of takeover matches are better than anything we get in main pay per views

1 Like

Look what happens when people just watch a show without nitpicking it to death…hint hint.

Thats because most don’t watch it every week and give them leeway.

If they used their main roster mentality, you could say “Ohno is just a jobber, poor Dream, he deserves better”

“Why are Undisputed ERA getting fluke wins, it kills their credibility”

“ugh Ember Moon didn’t do anything in that match but sell, they buried her”

“Stupid refs let then bleed…oh god all these run ins…Why they bury Cole Bay Bay???”

See my point?

I like to think there is something to takeaway good from almost every show. I tend not to focus on the negative where possible.

Cynic marks already have a home on another “soupy” podcast. Half the time I can’t even tell if they like watching wrestling or they just like making themselves feel better by shitting on everything else.

1 Like

I think even Uncle Dave will give that main event 5 stars. Fantastic, incredible crowd. And I think anyone who didn’t see Gargano as main event material before, has to now. He’s WWE’s next Daniel Bryan. I did feel that they missed an opportunity(kinda like Naito vs Okada in a way) to really put the match over huge by giving Gargano the improbable win. But I can’t complain. The whole card was great. Not a match under 3 stars for me. Love the NXT product and the way its presented.

1 Like

This was a great show with a lot of finishes I didn’t like… Felt like Shayna, Cole and Gargano shouldn’t have lost.

Cole has yet to have a meaningful singles win and he’s been around since September… Felt like now was the time to pin Black (Frankly Black is main roster ready… he doesn’t need a title run… easily could have called him up Monday or Tuesday)

I hated the finish to the Ember/Baszler match because Shayna’s booked as the Submission Magician but in only her second match she’s unable to get a tap… I hated the fluke the win… but that’s probably because I really find Ember Moon dull and wanted to see her be finished off so we could get a nice one on one with Kari vs Shayna at NOLA.

Finally Gargano can’t just be the guy we love who loses. Putting the title on him would have set up him vs Ciampa as the big main event match after months of story and build… instead it will probably be middle of the card.

I feel like a rewatch with the finishes in mind is needed so I can not be as negatively influenced by them.

1 Like

Johnny SE has a nice ring to it

I agree about the Gargano sentiment. Gargano v Ciampa for the NXT title on Mania weekend would have been incredible, especially with NXT competing against all the shows those guys wrestled on for so long. WWE had a glance to our Indy the Indy with that main event. I don’t see how Black isn’t called up on one of the nights after Mania. So if not Black, and not Gargano who faces Almas that weekend?

The Gargano vs. Almas match was fucking fantastic. Gargano is the true definition of a White Meat Babyface.

Ember Moon is an incredibly weak champion. I can’t wait for the rematch, Shayna Baszler will destroy her again but this time gets the win.

The undercard was probably one of the weakest undercards in Takeover history(which says something about NXTs track record) but the main event was amazing, excellent story told.

So Black vs Almas & Ciampa vs Gargano in New Orleans?

yeah i have to agree. he’s been pretty good.

Main event was fantastic, tag match and Dream v Ohno were both good, Ember Moon v Baszler was fine but seemed more like an angle to build to another match. I enjoyed Black and Cole, but I think I would have preferred a straight match than the ‘WWE eXtrEmE rulez’ weapons match structure.

The bump that Cole did on the end points on the chair was horrible to watch and not in an entertaining way.

Worth staying up for in the UK for sure.