NXT TAKEOVER PHILADELPHIA DISCUSSION THREAD

Facing Minoru Suzuki and Shayna Baszler in a mixed match challenge would be my worst nightmare btw

4 Likes

Trevor “Ricochet” Mann.
Ricochet Mann.
Ricky Mann. There we go.

3 Likes

Jobber to the future stars
Used to be Tyler Breeze

Cole wins
Gargano wins (gets the belt onto a true pure baby face)

Cole and Undisputed jump Gargano with his family in the ring during a huge celebration

That was great! minus months of title defenses aspect that was as good as Tanahasi and Suzuki from this morning. And a very cool different kind of finish. Unique

1 Like

Was the last Takeover since I’ve watched any NXT but that match was pretty awesome. One of the best extreme rules marches I’ve seen in quite sometime.

This pre-match promo feels like them going “Hey remember Ciampa turned on Johnny… BUT HE’S DEFINITELY NOT HERE AND WON’T DO ANYTHING TONIGHT”

Is tommaso ciampa going to screw Gargano out of the title

The only reason Gargano is in this match is because of the Ciampa story line and probable interference/appearance. He is not a viable champion. And Almas is the champ so that he can lose to Black at the next Takeover

1 Like

Zelina vega is the diamond of this act a great heel manager

Cien Alma’s has great wrestling ability not sure he’s main event level at this time though.

If Gargano gets called up will he be known as “Johnny Sports Entertainer”?

4 Likes

Cole has been compared to HBK, Black to the Undertaker.

I can’t wait til they headline Wrestlemania together.

1 Like

Possibly the best NXT Title match since Zayn vs. Neville

1 Like

Wow wow wow. What a main event. Crowd was absolute fire. Mauro called that thing perfectly. What a match!!

The commentary has been just as good as the action on this show great call by Mauro And Percy

Takeover Brooklyn 15 and take over Dallas 16 are my two favourite nxt shows but I tell you what this one wasn’t too far off. Fantastic show from start to finish :clap:

Ciampa coming out after Johnny had been beaten by Almas already…could have been saved for a bigger moment I feel. Plus he only hit him once and walked off…

Just feel like that was a waste of Ciampa’s return

Great Championship match. They went all out. Great Takeover overall.

Impressed by Percy’ announcing & of course Mauro is always fantastic.

Maybe he won’t be healthy by next Takeover (though I doubt that). I kinda like it, he’s been this specter haunting Johnny

As normal, TakeOver delivers! Yeah, Shayna is green, but they are doing exactly what they need to do with her. Screw the Philly crowd, I loved that match. Shayna’s mat game rocks and you could feel the emotion from Ember’s selling.

At this point, I say Gargano v Almas is MOTY beating out Jericho v Omega imo.

1 Like