NXT UK series to premiere next Wednesday on the WWE Network

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/10/11/nxt-uk-series-to-premiere-next-wednesday-on-the-wwe-network/

The WWE has finally announced the premiere date of the NXT UK series, which will launch next Wednesday on the WWE Network.

The NXT UK series was announced in June along with the news that a UK women’s and tag team championship would be introduced. A tournament for the women’s title has already been taped.

There have already been two sets of tapings from this past July in Cambridge and August at the Insomnia Gaming Festival in Birmingham. The next tapings are scheduled for this Saturday and Sunday in Plymouth at the Plymouth Pavilions.

The series will have a permanent spot on the WWE Network on Wednesdays at 3 pm Eastern and air in prime time at 8 pm in the UK.

Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness will be calling the shows and they previously announced that Johnny Saint would serve as the on-air General Manager.

1 Like

The reason for the delay was apparently WWE were shopping the show around to UK television companies, Sky weren’t happy with this.

Good to see it gets a UK prime time timeslot.

Glad to see they’re finally releasing this. They have a stacked roster and I bet they could produce great things.

I guess I can cancel my PROGRESS sub now…

1 Like

Better now than later. Looking forward to it.

Not really feeling the excitement for this considering it’s not a product based on passion and interest in the UK scene, rather it’s WWE’s attempt to kill any and all competition. This is a corporate attempt at appealing to the underground, which fails 99% of the time.

Why would I watch NXT UK when I can watch the lads and ladies elsewhere but without WWE’s in-ring restrictions and presentation?