Omos underwent two brain surgeries while in college, was on the verge on going blind

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/06/17/omos-underwent-two-brain-surgeries-while-in-college-was-on-the-verge-on-going-blind/

Jordan Omogbehin, known in WWE as “Omos”, signed with the company in early 2019. In the Summer of 2020, he began to regularly appear on Monday Night Raw as a part of the Raw Underground portion of the show and was eventually paired with AJ Styles and they are the current Raw Tag Team Champions.

He was profiled by The Athletic and the site published an in-depth feature about his life and how he got to WWE. While he was playing basketball for the University of South Florida, a doctor gave him a medical examination, weary that Omos had a tumor in or near his pituitary gland. That led to him undergoing emergency brain surgery, as the tumor was getting close to a nerve that his doctors said would have caused him to go blind. He then had follow-up brain surgery to clean up any lingering issues from the first.

Omos went on to speak about his pairing with AJ Styles and feels that it is the best thing that could have happened to his wrestling career.

Me being paired with AJ Styles is the best thing that could ever happen for my career. The best thing. That’s the best I can put it. The best thing. He’s been like a big brother to me. I just listen to him and absorb.

Omos and Styles captured the Raw Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania 37 by defeating Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston. The current champions were in action this past Monday on Raw as a part of a six-man tag match.

To hear POST Wrestling’s recap of the latest episode of Raw, head over to the “podcasts” section of the site.