Paul Heyman planning to wing his WWE Hall of Fame speech, he'll know what to say once he feels the crowd

Originally published at Paul Heyman planning to wing his WWE Hall of Fame speech, he'll know what to say once he feels the crowd

Heyman is planning to feel the crowd and move forward from that point. 

Immediately following Friday Night SmackDown on April 5th, WWE is going to be presenting their Hall of Fame ceremony. Among those being inducted as a part of the 2024 class are Paul Heyman, Bull Nakano, U.S. Express (Mike Rotunda & Barry Windham), Thunderbolt Patterson and Muhammad Ali

Ahead of the event, Heyman guest appeared on The Rich Eisen Show and was asked about the speech he’ll be giving. He stated that he’s planning on winging it and he’ll know what to say once he feels the crowd in the arena that night. 

No, I’m gonna figure this out as we go along (Heyman responded when asked if his WWE H.O.F. speech is written out). I’m gonna take the pulse of the room that night. I’m gonna wing this because I don’t know really what the crowd itself is expecting from me. Is this a crowd that wants me to talk about the modern-day WWE and Roman Reigns and The Bloodline and the WrestleMania main event of Roman Reigns versus Cody Rhodes? Is this a crowd that’s, you know, in Philadelphia, wants to talk about ECW? Is this a crowd that’s looking for some inspiration and a speech about pursuing one’s own dreams? Etcetera, etcetera. I really won’t know until I take the temperature of the room that night and as you (Rich Eisen) know better than I, you always have to know your audience. So once I feel the crowd, I’ll pretty much know what I have to do to deliver for them.

Heyman is going to be present in his home state of New York when Monday Night Raw emanates from Brooklyn on April 1st. The Rock and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns are scheduled for that show.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit The Rich Eisen Show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.