Personal Match of the Year

What’s everyones favorite match of 2017, mine is Omega v Okada 2 at Dominion.

Honorable mentions: New Day vs Usos (Hell in a Cell), Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunn (Takeover Chicago), EVIL vs Okada (G1 CLIMAX)

3 Likes

Ember Moon vs Asuka II at Takeover. Great story, great emotion, turned Ember Moon’s character around, it was a match I was by far the most excited for out of anything that happened this year, and that’s not to say that other things weren’t great, by the way. This was a really solid year for wrestling and there’s so many GREAT contenders from all over the world. Like there’s been years where there’s only a few contenders, but this year I could probably list ten or fifteen without even breaking a sweat (or leaving the WWE bubble)

1 Like

From WrestleCon’s Supershow on Mania weekend, the ten man tag with
Ricochet/Callihan/Fox/Cade/Xavier
vs.
Ospreay/Scurll/Rush/Smile/Galloway

It was literally the most fun match I’ve ever seen live. Look it up on YouTube if you haven’t seen it.

One that I thought was amazing was on NXT this past summer – Aleister Black vs Kyle O’reilly

1 Like

Call me crazy but i loved AJ vs Brock

7 Likes

Outside of the Okada-Omega trilogy, my favourite of the year was Okada-Suzuki in the G1. Absolutely loved the spot where they slap the shit out of each other near the end.

2 Likes

There is something about their chemistry that makes their match so awesome.

And also, Suzuki scares the crap out of me.

2 Likes

The obvious choice is House of Horrors. Orton vs Wyatt!! (non-title)

2 Likes

Okada v Omega I at WK

1 Like

I’m going to have to go with Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate at Takeover Chicago.

4 Likes

Bar vs Shield (teeth on a pole match)

Cesaro legendary bad ass forever

Lots of great ones listed. For me off the top of my head: Havoc vs Ospreay loser leaves progress. Such a fun match with great storytelling.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Katsuyori Shibata from Sakura Genesis 2017. It’s a fantastic match but sadly Shibata’s last.

Bate vs Dunne. All day.
That match was incredible.

4 Likes

Okada vs Slex at MCW November Rain

Gotta go with Kushida vs Ospreay BoSJ Final.

A good choice, probably Brock’s best match of the year.

Omega vs. Okada 2
Bate vs. Dunne
Black vs. Velveteen Dream

Are the ones that stand out most to me this year.

2 Likes

Okada/Omega II
British boys at takeover
The Elite vs Flamita, Pentagon jr, Fenix

1 Like

Omega and Okada II (The Broadway). But the whole series was great.

1 Like