Quick word about COVID vaccines

I got my shots booked yesterday. First one in a few weeks.

1 Like

Got my first Pfizer on May 2 (thanks to being in a “hot spot”). No issues, just a sore arm for about two days. No complaints about the vaccination process, very well organized and didn’t even notice the needle.

2 Likes

The needle was seriously the smallest I’ve ever had. I was shocked by the fact I barely felt anything. I literally asked “that’s it?”.

4 Likes

I got my first dose of Pfizer about 2 weeks ago, I’m a driver for Para Transit so I got it a little early (I’m 35 and the province was at 50+ when I got the shot) great to hear lots of you are getting them!

2 Likes

Does the 5g improve my cellular reception?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

In 2019 I booked a cruise. I was going to fly into Sydney, Australia for a week, get on the ship that was going to a couple ports in New Zealand, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Maui and then finish in Oahu, Hawaii where I was planning to stay another week to 10 days.

That was supposed to happen last month. It was cancelled, so I moved it to April 2022 and then just recently moved it to October 2022 and I’m still not confident about that date happening.

3 Likes

Wow. Now that’s a trip! Hopefully happens soon sounds amazing

1 Like

I hope we can enjoy the summer. I got the AZ vaccine and had no issues. I was told my second shot will be in August so I’m looking forward to taht.

3 Likes

Got my first shot today, mainly by fluke. The pharmacy at my work was supposed to get the first doses brought in for employees tomorrow, but they got a vial sent a day early so figured I may as well take it. It wasn’t too bad and even 6 hours later the most I am getting is occasional arm soreness every once and awhile.

3 Likes

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday, I have to say I feel fine. My shoulder is sore, but outside of that I had no other symptoms.

3 Likes

Had my second shot yesterday and am feeling pretty good as well. I get tired whenever I sit on the couch, but energized when podcasting. :man_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

Congratulations good sir!

1 Like

Got my second Moderna and had a sore arm and headache for half a day.

On a side note, I find it odd that some US States are going 0 - 100 with reopening. I get that people are over this, but the delta variant is creeping up in the UK and they’re having to slow down reopening.

4 Likes

Just bumped up my second dose. Was supposed to be in September, now set for July 12th.

Super happy about it.

7 Likes

Got my second dose last Sunday, woke up with really bad chills, a fever, (those slowly went away over the course of two days) and a long lasting headache for 3 days. Luckily worked paid me for the week to recover!

4 Likes

Its crazy how people can have such different reactions, which to be fair is kind of like the virus itsself.

4 Likes

2nd dose scheduled for July 16th. 1st shot was Pfizer and the 2nd one sounds like it is 100% going to be Moderna. Has anyone else got the mixture of both?

Also, I’m just really getting sick of idiots on Facebook, who still talk about staying unvaccinated, like they are so smart or something. I get hesitancy, I was hesitant at first too. It’s just to the point of ridiculousness. If you really want to, you can find positives or negatives for pretty much anything you want, if you try hard enough.

I wonder if people were this stupid back when the Spanish Flu was around.

5 Likes

I had my second shot on Sunday, same as you first was Pfizer and second was Moderna.

Zero issues but my arm was more sore for longer. No other side effects though. My understanding is they’re almost identical

3 Likes

The last person eligible for the vaccine closest to me, my sister-in-law, finally got her first shot this week. She’s younger than both myself and my brother, and only had a slight pain in her arm like I did from my first shot. She’s only getting vaccinated now because she’s been pregnant through most of the year, then nursing afterward (it’s their second kid together), so she was of course concerned about getting vaccinated in regards to all of that.

1 Like

Yes the mRNA vaccines (moderna and Pfizer) are similar enough that yiu can mix and match and still get protection

Glad to see everyone getting their shots. Hopefully the worst of this is behind us

5 Likes