Raw women's title match set for WWE Backlash

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/05/25/raw-womens-title-match-set-for-wwe-backlash/

There is another match set for WWE Backlash following the #1 contender’s match on Raw for a shot at the Raw women’s champion Asuka.

Nia Jax pinned Natalya in a match that also featured NXT women’s champion Charlotte Flair. The end came when Jax broke up the Figure 8 attempt by Flair, sent Flair to the floor, and pinned Natalya after hitting the Samoan drop.

Nia Jax will now challenge Asuka for the Raw women’s title at WWE Backlash on Sunday, June 14th.

Jax previously held the title in 2018 when she defeated Alexa Bliss at WrestleMania 34 and lost it to Bliss in June that year at the Money in the Bank event.

Asuka was named women’s champion on the May 11th episode of Raw when Becky Lynch relinquished the title and it was revealed the title was inside the Money in the Bank briefcase that Asuka had won.

Here is the updated card for WWE Backlash:
*Edge vs. Randy Orton
*Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Lashley for the WWE title
*Braun Strowman vs. The Miz & John Morrison in a 2-on-1 handicap match for the Universal title
*Asuka vs. Nia Jax for the Raw women’s title

I think they should split Asuka and Kairi Sane before Asuka continues her title push.

It’s hurting both their careers by staying aligned.

Maybe, Kairi Sane should be Asuka’s bane for her title push.

How does it hurt Asuka? I think she has come off great over the past few weeks. I totally get how Sane may be hurt because she comes off as a sidekick, but if she eventually turns on Asuka and they have some good matches I have no problem with it.

It hurts her because she will continue to be held down as a mid-carder if she stays put.

And yes, the turning on Asuka stuff will work. That is exactly what I meant.

I disagree that it’s hurting her right now, however I think we both want the same thing out of this.

It isn’t like any tag team will stay together too long in the WWE.