REPORT: Melina returning to WWE

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/09/18/report-melina-returning-to-wwe/

Former 5-time WWE Women’s Champion Melina Perez has come to an agreement to return to the sports-entertainment company, per PWInsider. It’s noted in the report that WWE was interested in bringing Melina in for the 2020 Women’s Royal Rumble earlier this year but she had an agreement with the National Wrestling Alliance. Multiple sources told the site that she’ll be returning to the show within the coming week.

Melina began working with the NWA in the Fall of 2019 and formed a group with Marti Belle and NWA World Women’s Champion Thunder Rosa. Melina wrestled four times for the National Wrestling Alliance throughout her time there.

Melina last appeared on WWE programming in July of 2019 for the RAW Reunion show.

Why? What does she possibly add to the product?

1 Like

In the ring nothing really, but I always thought she was a good manager. I could see her being paired with Miz/Morrison.

She’s from the 1979 club like Carlito, Mickie James, Samoa Joe and me.

She’s a good talker but I think her days wrestling are long behind her. Her in ring stuff in NWA did not look good

Yet again this evidences the lack of corporate governance in WWE. Wasting more operating expenditure on another wrestler, adding to the huge roster of wrestlers that never see the light of day on tv.

John’s wife might not be thrilled with that.

Taya and Melina have a lot to feud about in real life.

Why, is there bad blood? I just remembered they were teamed up in lucha underground so I figured all were on good terms.

More splits! I love the splits!

Good always liked her work especially her charisma and mic skills.

She would probably be the best Talker from any of the women at the moment. Someone like Charlotte could use her.

Hope they make her a mouthpiece for someone in the women’s division.

Her role should be similar to MVP.

Yeah at worst, they could always use a name to set up with another woman on the bench to create a tag team in the women’s division that’s dying for teams right now. Probably would be helpful for a, say, Dana Brooke who could use any type of hook to get on TV. Manage a Kallisto when he breaks off from Lucha House Party who probably needs a mouthpiece. Hell I’m sure Io Sharai could a biggish name opponent for a random week of NXT. Plenty of room for someone like her. This isn’t like asking what to do with a Kelly Kelly comeback or something.

1 Like