Report: WWE talent delayed leaving Saudi Arabia

Not if more and more people refuse. If enough stars don’t go WWE will have no choice but to accept their wishes without any hint of limitation, because it wouldn’t even be possible to do so.

1 Like

Maybe if all the top performers bail sure, but if not it will hurt any long term push for people not willing to go

I never claimed it was vindictive only that it wasn’t without any consequences. Now put guys further down the card in the role of refusing to go. You still think they get TV time?

What would they do if the entire roster just flat out came together and refused to go after this? I’m pretty sure they cant force them with their contract to go. They arent going to sue their entire roster for breach of contract or something. They cant bury everyone if they all refuse to go.

It would be hilarious if some of the superstars went into business for themselves on Raw and/or Smackdown and doesn’t follow the script.

Especially someone who wants their release

Also, does anyone else think that they will try to cancel the Saudi deal now there has been issues regarding payments?

I also wonder if the promoters of The Ruiz/Joshua fight are monitoring this as well. I would be asking questions, if I was them.

The problem is what happened on Smackdown.

WWE responded with putting NXT guys up. It was the best show in a while. Ratings were good.

If the whole WWE walks away they just proved they can use the NXT guys. They won’t walk away bc they are just happy to have a shot

Just because they used NXT guys for one show, doesnt prove shit.

1. If everyone came together and said they arent going to Saudi Arabia, no one is going to get fired, without a wrongful termination lawsuit. You cant fire Curtis Axel for not going and keep Roman Reigns and they obviously arent going to fire Reigns.

2. They got “good ratings” because of the interest of what the hell was going to happen with no one there. Guaranteed you have this same thing on a weekly basis, ratings will be the same usual story. Booking will end up being the same garbage.

1 Like

Number 2 yes but number 1 I think without a union they can fire or hire as they want to without reason.

Right but that requires the whole roster to decide not to go regardless of the pay day involved. Up until now it has been a minority that has opted to sit out and even fewer top stars.

Your argument is essentially if the roster organized (I.e. unionized) that they could force the shows to end, which maybe they could but you would need to get even legends to buy in to that boycott. I mean essentially you need all of the top talent including legends to boycott. Guys like Mojo Rawley, Curtis Axel, and Luke Harper have no pull.

Yeah and there are always people like Brock and Goldberg and UT that will go no questions asked bc of the money

Were those goalposts heavy?

2 Likes

If you did that they could freeze you out and kill your career.

Vince is really good at humiliation

There’s a channel on youtube which does best of instagram and snapchat stories of WWE superstars weekly. I am definitely looking forward to watching the next ones.

3 Likes

What is the channel?

WWE Snapchat & Instagram

1 Like

Not at all I hold that the pushes of some top guys have been impacted by their refusal/inability to go to these shows. If it impacts those guys what choice do guys with no power have?

What makes me think they were safe is Meltzer reporting non of the talent were harmed.

That doesnt mean the threat isnt there. Like I said, when you are dealing with a psychopath, there is always the threat. If anything had escalated for any reason, this is a place that you dont want that to be happening in.

and if they were held in Chicago there was a threat they would be caught up in gang violence
I’m tired of fan activists (not saying you) who are looking to elevate wrestlers. They don’t do anything they don’t already agree to. They all travel to places they choose to and wrestle as dangerously as they choose to. They can union up anytime. Force higher wages and lighter schedules collectivley. They dont. Thats a reflection on their backbone
Can’t turn a hoe into a housewife. They gotta help themselves

I dont disagree with any of this. That still doesnt mean that its right for someone to basically not allow them to leave. If there was some kind of disagreement over money or not showing the PPV to the Saudi people or whatever the issue was, if MBS had anything to do with holding them back from leaving, they were in danger. You dont stop someone from leaving a country, because you are doing something nice. Its an act of retaliation and when that is on someones mind, then there is the potential for danger.

It would be totally different being in Chicago, because gangs arent in control of the damn country. They dont make decisions to stop a plane from leaving.

2 Likes