REWIND-A-DYNAMITE 3/17/21: Lights Out Steals Show, WM 37 Tickets

Reread the post you are referring to.

“Performative outrage. Absolutely not. He genuinely means everything he says”

coupled with

“…he is producing a podcast so the hyperbole is clearly for entertainment purposes.”

Square that one for me, would you? He genuinely wishes death/injury on people, or it’s hyperbole for entertainment purposes. They can’t both be the case.

“There is a difference between an outdated joke and hyperbole used to illustrate a point and being racist. One former are insensitive but lack intent, the latter does not.”

Again, racism is not a zero sum game. You don’t collect enough points and earn a “not a racist” badge. I’m not solely referring to this one comment either, here is Jim recently when it was suggested he watch NJPW:

“Why don’t you watch New Japan, because “we” don’t want a bunch of fuckin’ interchangeable Japanese guys who we can’t understand what the fuck words are comin’ out of their mouths…”

Now, you can argue that he doesn’t want to watch a show with promos etc. in another language, but interchangeable? Come on…

1 Like

Easy. He genuinely hates those people but doesn’t actually want to boil anyone in oil to make soap or sodomise anyone with a rusty fishing knife. I would expect that to be obvious. He used the hyperbolic actions to emphasise his dislike.

I’m not saying I approve of his language as I don’t, but again he is using hyperbole to illustrate a point that the casual wrestling audience doesn’t care about Japanese wrestlers who can’t cut a promo in English.

I did read it here is what you said. That you comment based on what you hear from second had sources and viral Twitter clips. Not actual consumption of the product in question. Which I find amusing based on the frequency which you comment. To me it is one thing to see/hear these reviews and say “yeah that is not for me.” And another to write essays about how bad something is based on other people’s opinions and out of context clips (which depending on what pages you follow, apparently AEW botches will give you a very different picture of the product)

1 Like

I meant the comment where I listed in detail the issues I had with Dynamite.

https://forum.postwrestling.com/t/feedback-aew-dynamite-3-10-21/12216/21

The casual wrestling audience also doesn’t care about Jim Cornette…sooo. Is the dude the worst racist/sexist/homophobic guy ever no.

Does he at the very least play into those zones to please his target audience absolutely.

The guy is absolutely racist, he isn’t a member of the KKK level of racist, but he certainly speaks in a racially insensitive manner and propagates stereotypes on the regular.

1 Like

I had no problem with that but it isn’t as if you haven’t commented on the program outside of that 2 week window.

As I said I have no issue with “I listen to podcasts and the show sounds bad to me so I don’t watch it.” Followed by “I checked it out and I was right, it isn’t for me, here is why.”

But the 6+ months of posts in between seem like overboard.

1 Like

To be fair, the things I commented on in the past were based on my experience of already having seen the product which weren’t affected by not having watched it recently (e.g. matches being spot-fests, obvious cooperation spots, etc.) and things that didn’t need viewing to comment on (e.g. angles not making sense, inconsistent and illogical booking, etc.).

To be fair the former doesn’t need to be restated constantly if everyone already knows how you feel unless you actually watched and are breaking down a match.

The latter I have no issues with, though if you are not watching the project I’m not sure why you would care terribly much about the angles and booking. I don’t watch much WWE at the moment but I also don’t comment much on the booking or angles. I think lots is bad but I just choose to not watch. I also fell off AEW and NXT for a long while, and have just recently started watching AEW again the last 2 weeks. I just didn’t have the time or desire to watch wrestling for a while.

1 Like

This thread is the exact reason why I chose to just troll the shit out of this guy and get him to block my posts. I really don’t understand why some of you get into the same debates with him over and over and over again.

2 Likes

If we didn’t argue endlessly on Internet forums we might have to adapt to modern society and start doing Tik Tok dances to get our social media fix. Unacceptable.

4 Likes

He blocked me as well, he accused me of calling him racist or sexist (which I actually never did once) and now he no longer responds to my posts. Oh well lol, I’m not loosing any sleep over it. I have zero desire to have the same argument on repeat like it’s Groundhog Day.

2 Likes