Ric Flair claims WWE is in the process of building a physical Hall Of Fame

Originally published at Ric Flair claims WWE is in the process of building a physical Hall Of Fame

Two-time WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair guest appeared on ESPN’s ‘The Jump’ show with Rachel Nichols to promote the collaboration between himself, Adidas and Portland Trailblazers guard Damian Lillard. As the conversation went along, Flair talked about one of his signature robes that was used as inspiration for he and Lillard’s shoe and shared that WWE is in the process of building a physical Hall Of Fame in the Orlando area for items as such.

Flair added that the process of putting the structure together has been slowed down due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

WWE is actually in the process of building a Hall Of Fame, a physical structure Hall Of Fame in Orlando. It’s been delayed too because the COVID and that but, they bought it because they wanted to put that in there as something that I wore. They’ve been tremendous to me on so many different levels, but I’m after them now to give me a ring for the entertainment wing.

Flair was most recently on WWE programming when he was a part of The Undertaker’s ‘Final Farewell’ at Survivor Series. In the months prior, he was involved in Randy Orton and Drew McIntyre’s feud over the WWE Championship.

I feel like I’ve heard this for 20 years

3 Likes

They really should, if they put it in a tourist destination I could see it doing well. I believe it was at one point supposed to go in near Universal Studios in Orlando.

And also bring back WWE NY and WWE Niagara falls

Come on man, no need to be sarcastic.

I went to WWE Niagara Falls about 10 years ago, and based on that experience I can tell you it was nothing special, just overpriced and boring. I have never been to WWE NY, but from my understanding it was just an overpriced WWE themed restaurant. IMO, not the same thing as a HOF.

A WWE hall of fame, I would 100% check out and I feel most wrestling fans would as well. It would essentially be a permanent/modified version of the old fan access. Will it make money? I don’t know but I don’t care lol, WWE’s profit margins are just not a concern of mine. I would like to see them try because it would be cool for the fans, and it just gives a bit more credibility to their HOF which means something to the wrestlers, which as a result means something to me.

Hall of Fames are fun, I’ve been to the hockey HOF in Toronto and the old collage football HOF in South Bend, at both I had a great time. If WWE did it right, I think it could work, I don’t understand why anyone would have an issue with that.

At least once a year the rumors come up and I’m always disappointed that it never goes past that.

A physical HOF that allows fans to get up close to historical pieces is so cool. The Rock & Roll HOF was so cool when I was there, it was such a surreal feeling standing feet from Jimi Hendricks, Woodstock costume or the guitar Kurt Cobain used on Unplugged.

The whole experience would be a total markfest and I don’t care, take my money.

1 Like