Rob Van Dam returning to NOAH in July, challenged to Hardcore match

Originally published at Rob Van Dam returning to NOAH in July, challenged to Hardcore match

RVD returning to NOAH next month.

For the first time since 2011, Rob Van Dam wrestled in Japan. He partook in a six-man tag at CyberFight Festival in which he teamed with Yoshinari Ogawa and HAYATA to defeat Kaito Kiyomiya, Daisuke Harada and YO-HEY.

As Van Dam was doing his post-match presser, he was approached by NOSAWA Rongai, who issued a challenge to Van Dam for a Hardcore match. RVD accepted the challenge and said he’ll be back in NOAH come July for their Nippon Budokan show.

📢 6.12 Saitama Super Arena Backstage@NOSAWARONGAI187: "At the Budokan in July, I'll bring my friends, so let me challenge you with a hardcore match."@TherealRVD: "I'll take it."#noah_ghc #cffes2022 #wrestleUNIVERSEpic.twitter.com/lDiz3zgje9

— Pro Wrestling NOAH (@noahglobal) June 12, 2022

#BREAKING @TherealRVD announced he’ll compete at @noah_ghc’s Nippon Budokan show in July! #cffes2022 #noah_ghc pic.twitter.com/ZrwNI3rF6d

— Pro Wrestling NOAH (@noahglobal) June 12, 2022

Coming out of today’s CyberFight Festival, Keiji Muto announced that he’ll be retiring from in-ring competition next spring and Satoshi Kojima became GHC Heavyweight Champion.