Roman Reigns discusses reaction he received at WWE Royal Rumble 2015: "I try to forget Philly, I try to forget the Royal Rumble"

Originally published at Roman Reigns discusses reaction he received at WWE Royal Rumble 2015: "I try to forget Philly, I try to forget the Royal Rumble"

Reigns stated that it was like a party was ruined. 

Among the content being released by WWE heading into WrestleMania 40 is a new episode of ‘Biography: WWE Legends’ that is centered around Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. 

The episode is going to air on A&E and before its release, A&E shared a clip from it on their YouTube channel. In the clip, Reigns looked back on the reaction he received at WWE Royal Rumble 2015 in Philadelphia when he won the Royal Rumble match. He stated that he tries to forget the city and that night in general. 

I was booed historically (at WWE Royal Rumble 2015). You think of these moments, you dream about ‘em, and the moment that it actually happens, it’s like they’re playing the worst soundtrack of all-time over your moment. Ruining your party. 

I try to forget Philly, I try to forget the Royal Rumble. There’s only one positive and that’s the fact that it’s gonna be able to tie it all the way back around. WrestleMania 40, and like I said before, I was tunnel-visioned and I treated it very seriously and I was groomed to reach a point like this. 

Reigns is heading into Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for WrestleMania 40 and is on the marquee for nights one and two of the event. 

On night one, he’ll be tagging with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson to face Cody Rhodes and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins. If Reigns and Johnson win, then on night two, Reigns and Rhodes’ Undisputed WWE Universal Title match is going to be ‘Bloodline Rules’

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the original source with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.