Royal Rumble & WrestleMania fantasy booking

I’m really down for Braun Vs Shamus for the Woman’s Tag Championship … WWE probably has no better ideas for those belts so why not.

These may be the best matches we’ll come up with but I don’t think I’d bother watching this Mania. You know Romans gonna win, the rest doesn’t massively matter. There’s no huge pay offs other then Sami and Bloodline.
They’re still struggling with long term booking outside of The Bloodline aren’t they

Lol okay man. Skip Wrestlemania.

They might just have the Rock, Cena, Austin and possibly Punk. a culmination of the greatest storyline of the year with the Bloodline, likely the return of Cody and possibly Sasha and Charlotte.

Why bother? Better to stick with an ROH show.

Let’s not be crazy here. That show is going to be a very hyped wrestlemania.

I love your confidence Alex.

CM Punk won’t turn up.
Maybe Austin and the rock will but we know how their matches ends before they’ve even been announced.

I don’t think the Bloodline story will come to its end so maybe the Mysterios will but I’m not hugely invested in that. Becky wins a belt…cool.

Wrestlemania is not really what it was. It’s a 2 night stand alone entertainment show. You’re more likely to see Snoop Dog Superplex Shawn Michaels then see Sami Zayn finally get an amazing win that’ll go down in history

I think they are infinitely better then what they were 6 months ago.

The bloodline storyline is the hottest thing in all of wrestling, The Mysterio’s storyline is going great, sure they are apart right now, but that needed if you’re going to build towards mania. The did a great job with Riddle/Orton, not their fault Orton had such a major surgery. You can see they are getting Becky ready for Ronda, and Bianca is being kept hot for IMO a rematch with Sasha. Gunther has been booked great as a dominating long term champion.

Dexter and Miz has been a longterm story, a bad one lol, but its still be told over a long period of time.

I don’t think they are perfect, but its definitely improved. For Hunter to truly have his hands on everything and be assessed accurately, he needs to be booking for like a year. I look at it like Hunter took over a book half written. Once he’s done that book, he can begin to write his own. He’s still busy wrapping up Vince stuff.

I think its both. You definitely get your “entertainment” (ie. Pat Mcafee, Paul, Bad Bunny etc.) but you also get your wrestling (ie. Rollins vs Cody).

I think it will be a good combo of the two elements. Thank god its two nights, their roster is wayyyy to stacked to be one.

1 Like

Agreed. It is getting much better and I like the decisions he’s making around Survivor series, maybe scraping He’ll in a Cell etc. it’ll allow for more natural story telling.

I totally imagine we’ll see stories get better and better it will take a long time.

They could do something at the Rumble to peak my interest but right now I’ll probably be giving this years a miss

2 Likes

That’s more then fair, make them earn it.

1 Like

The latest online rumors i’ve seen today seem to be predicting Brock vs Gunther. @Alex_Patel is the only one that predicted that.

It might still just be rumors but it’s not really anything I thought of. Brock going for the intercontinental title seems way below him. But maybe Gunther loses the belt in February so it just becomes an evil foreigner vs American/Canadian Redneck match. It should be a good match if they let Gunther be an equal to Brock.

1 Like

Has there been any update on the status of Big E’s health?
A surprise return / win for him would be big. I’ve always thought he should be a top guy, and maybe they could re-right some of the wrong with how his first reign went.

Here is the most recent thing I could find, not great news.

Big E has provided an update on his health five months after breaking his neck.

The former WWE Champion was Ryan Satin’s latest guest on the Out of Character podcast for Fox Sports. During their discussion, he spoke about his health over the last few months and what the road to recovery looks like.

At this stage, he’s feeling good. More than anything, he’s grateful. When he fractured the C1 and C4 vertebrae in his neck, he could have been paralyzed. He could have died. He’s not experiencing any pain or weakness, which is nothing short of a miracle.

He’s unsure if he’ll ever be cleared to wrestle again. The next big update will come in March 2023, one year after the injury. His C1 is not completely ossifying (the bone is not reforming), which could prevent him from getting back in the ring.

It seems like a lot of the major matches are pretty much set or will be set up soon.

• Roman vs Cody
  • Sami & KO vs some version of the Uso’s
  • Seth Rollins vs Logan Paul
  • Rey Mysterio vs Dominik
  • Austin Theory vs John Cena
  • Edge vs Finn Balor
  • Charlotte vs Rhea
  • Bianca vs Asuka
  • Becky & Lita vs Bayley & Sky or Kai

It’s looking like a pretty good card. But there are still some big stars missing.

• Brock Lesnar
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Ronda Rousey
  • Gunther & Imperium
  • Street Profits

Any good suggestions for these guys?

I think the card so far looks great and is really well built with many storylines going on for months coming to a culmination. I’m more excited now than when Rock or Austin were being rumored to appear.

I think this is a really poor Wrestlemania Card. I think they really need to move away from the old stars so it needs to start somewhere…

Edge and Finn needs something special for me to get even slightly excited as it feels like theyve already fought 32 times this year.

The woman have all met each other so many times it’s hard for any combination to excite me which is why the 4 horsewoman vs a Rhonda Rousey stable is the only thing that would have felt exciting to me.

Brock Lesnar destroyed the set at the rumble, that character should have continued and he should have gone into WM as a spoilt brat destroying everything in his path, then face Gunther in a passing the torch match.

I don’t know what you do with Bray. Bray and Howdy vs Gable and Otis??

Lashley is great but he doesn’t seem to have anything…a 3 way with Cena and Austin?

Street profits vs a reformed DIY for the hardcore fans to enjoy?

I’m clutching at straws sorry

Did you ever stop to think that you just don’t like WWE?

3 Likes

@jamead how you can dislike a card that’s not announced yet? Cody vs Roman and Charlotte vs Rhea I believe are the only two matches, right?

I think the @RocketKing is right, if zero potential matchups interest you, you probably just aren’t a WWE fan. Especially when you don’t even watch it, how can you be burned out by the matchups?

I will agree on one point though, I was hoping for Gunther vs Brock. Though I guess they could do Bray vs Lashley and still do that match (I haven’t watched raw yet if this has been addressed).

Ha ha. I did say years ago that I was done with WWE and if it wasn’t for Post Wrestling I really wouldn’t engage with it at all.

I have a fondness for it though but I haven’t been a fan since 1995…maybe I should keep my opinion to myself, I’m definitely not just trying to sh*t on it for no reason. I want it to be good, I’m interested in the Bloodline story.

3 Likes

I think it’s hard to judge until we have everything in place

Cody Vs Roman
Bianca Vs Asuka
Charlotte Vs Rhea

All seem good to me?

It’s certainly fair to have been turned off WWE in the past and not be re-engaged. However judging WM before we have half the matches announced probably isn’t fair

1 Like

Totally forgot about Asuka vs Bianca…I’m definitely looking forward to that match. I dont think they have ever faced off in a PPV or even TV (at least in the past few years, not sure abut NXT).

As somebody who sat through RAW in person on Monday - and aside from Post, never follows the product, I feel safe to say that WWE isn’t for me. And that’s fine. I’m happy for people making a living there… But as a fan, it’s nothing I can really sink my teeth into.

People are enjoying it - but maybe a bit of that has to do with comparing the current product against the last decade of what they’ve done.

Absolutely nothing I saw on Monday really makes me want to tune into Mania.

I hope people enjoy it though!

2 Likes

I think it looks like an ok card. The actual matches will probably be good, but for everyone talking about how great WWE is at “telling stories” - I think that part of it will suck.

The Cody/Heyman promo stunk this week. We also had Asuka spitting up blue liquid while Bianca held up the title. Not exactly exhilarating creative.

Then you also had whatever the awkward stuff with Bayley and Becky was. Not to mention what will undoubtedly be a cooled off Sami Zayn.

Lots of cheesy promos, pointing at the sign and distractions coming this month. The show will probably be fine though but it’s not blowing me away.

2 Likes