Sabu comments on no-showing Indie Hall of Fame induction: "I changed my mind"

Originally published at Sabu comments on no-showing Indie Hall of Fame induction: "I changed my mind"

Sabu addresses why he did not show up to his induction. 

As a part of The Collective weekend, Game Changer Wrestling and Orange Crush presented the 2024 installment of the Indie Wrestling Hall of Fame ceremony. 

Among those scheduled to be inducted was Sabu. GCW owner Brett Lauderdale tweeted that Sabu no-showed his induction. He noted that Sabu accepted the booking and took the money but did not want to head upstairs to accept the honor. 

On X, Sabu was asked why he no-showed and he responded with the following:

i changed my mind.

Lauderdale quote tweeted Sabu and noted that he still respects him for everything he’s contributed to the wrestling business: 

Just for the record, I have no hard feelings towards Sabu and still have nothing but respect for him as a person and especially as a performer.

The sacrifices he made changed the game (pardon the pun) and many of my favorite memories as a fan are centered around his work.

Those that were inducted are listed as follows: Michael Verdi (Trent Acid), Kevin Hogan, Steve Corino, Mercedes Martinez, Eddie Gilbert and The Briscoes (Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe).