Sanga comments on WWE release, states the company wants Indian viewership but is reluctant to showcase talent from the country

Originally published at Sanga comments on WWE release, states the company wants Indian viewership but is reluctant to showcase talent from the country

Sanga, formerly part of the Indus Sher faction in WWE, has commented on his release from the company.

In a video posted to social media which was tagged in Lake Mary, Florida, the 38-year-old spoke mainly in Hindi.

Although he voiced appreciation for the opportunities he had been given, he added that WWE seemed to want the viewership of the 1.4 billion market of India without necessarily showcasing talent from the country.

POST Wrestling obtained a translation of his comments. He said:

Hello, my friends. I am Saurav Gurjar. [His real name.]

There’s a line in the Bhagavad Gita: “Whatever happened, happened for the good. Whatever is happening is happening for the good. Whatever will happen will also happen for the good.”

We are positive, we are hopeful — our whole project ‘Simple is Positive’ is aimed at positivity.

But let me tell you, when it comes to viewership, you look to our country, India. Whether it’s Facebook, YouTube, or TV, the audience is right there.

However, when it comes to showcasing Indian talent, you seem reluctant to push it forward, whatever the reasons may be, whether it’s creative differences, work styles, or something else.

But you need to understand, this matters. We are talking about a nation of 1.4 billion people. Those are 1.4 billion people who appreciate you, who appreciate us. They want to see Indian talents showcased on an international stage. But you’re not willing to give those opportunities.

From historical times to today, it has always been about giving opportunities. But there will be other opportunities.

The people of our country, all 1.4 billion, they fully understand this and there’s no need for us to explain further. But thank you very much for all the opportunities you’ve given and will continue to give. We are happy and we will not let our country’s honor down. For that, we are prepared to do whatever it takes.

Sanga was released from WWE on Friday, along with Jinder Mahal, Veer, Xia Li and Xyon Quinn.