Sean Strickland - has the UFC become a PR firm of far-right fundamentalism?

Won’t lie, the general culture around UFC’s always kept me at arm’s distance (and I say that as a woke lefty pinko soyboy who managed to stick with pro wrestling through the attitude era). This incidents in our neighbourhood in Vancouver a while back certainly didn’t do anything to ingratiate me to it.

2 Likes

Yeah the pricing on UFC shows is completely ridiculous. So when they promote pieces of shit like Strickland I don’t feel so bad using “alternative means” to watch.

2 Likes

The ticket prices are insane. I have a ticket group where people are selling today for a deep discount

1 Like

Bruh… I saw the lowest tickets go for $233.

1 Like

I know guys that paid $1200 a seat that are selling it for 500 right now

Pure F- Trudeau chants already

I’m sure that parking lot is filled with pickup trucks decorated in F Trudeau flags. So many douchebags in one place, I really do hate UFC shows live. Wrestling fans are soooo much nicer.

2 Likes

They just showed Sean and this place had a road warrior pop lol

Lol that guy came out to Edges theme and literally no one cared

haha, just saw he lost.

1 Like

What goes around, comes around.

3 Likes

Good for him. I hope to never have to hear his name or voice again. :laughing:

Edit: I don’t care if he won or lost. I don’t care if he exists. Combatting the ideology underpinning hateful rhetoric and addressing the spaces it’s allowed to proliferate is the bigger issue. And everyone here already knows that! :blush::laughing:

5 Likes

Just ICYMI, Dana and John had a bit of an exchange during the post-show press conference.

I went through John’s comment section, and there were two types of responses. These thoughtful comments, discussing Dana’s issues and feeling John was justified, and other comments, which would be indistinguishable from caveman grunts. Ooga booga, you cuck for ask about woke, me man, bash lady with club, bring back to cave. I understand the severity of a society that justifies these opinions, but it also shows how poor they understand these topics.

2 Likes

IG is not much better as the clip appears to have gone viral. Comment section is dominated by exactly what you’re taking about.

I’m honestly just discovering the question asked and all the hate towards John.

It’s truly incredible how people are acting. Every major sports team has an entire PR department to ensure the athletes don’t negatively impact the brand.

It’s kinda scary how many people took the leash question as way more than what it was… if this was the NFL the athlete would be fined and suspended for the comments made earlier this week.

1 Like

John.
I just made this forum account to ask a show question but wanted to reply here and say (not sure if this is the right way to phrase this) how proud I was to hear that question get asked by you. I’ve been listening to you guys on The LAW since Wrestlemania 27 and was an early Patreon when you moved over.

I wish I had the time to keep up with everything you guys are doing…but you get older and life limits your time. I check in from time to time but when I heard you at that press conference I admired what you did and also worried about the backlash. You have integrity that almost all sports media journalists fear having. Glad to hear the noise is dying down and its back to work.

3 Likes