Serena Deeb remembers calling herself 'The Final Boss' on 3/2 AEW Collision, says 'someone' took the nickname

Originally published at Serena Deeb remembers calling herself 'The Final Boss' on 3/2 AEW Collision, says 'someone' took the nickname

Deeb joked with the show host that the nickname was taken. 

After two years of being inactive due to health-related issues, Serena Deeb is back in the fold of AEW. In early March, a backstage interview with Deeb aired and she referred to herself as ‘The Final Boss’. 

While Deeb was guest appearing on Highspots Sign-it-Live, she stated that a week after she called herself that nickname, ‘someone’ took it and added that people know who she’s talking about. 

Funny thing is I said that (‘The Final Boss’) on Collision and then the following week — I don’t even know if I can say this. Well I can say whatever. He stole it? (Deeb laughed & repeated the co-host saying the nickname was stolen)… Someone took it and you guys would know who he is.

On 3/13, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson sent out a tweet and dubbed himself ‘The Final Boss’. The nickname was brought up in Cody Rhodes’ segment on Monday Night Raw which drew a response from Brian Gewirtz

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Highspots with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

I could have sworn the Final Boss name was used for Meiko Satomura.

In fairness, I’ve heard Wai Ting use this expression when talking about wrestling heels for years. So if the rock stole it from Serena, then she stole it from Wai.

WWE has been stealing from the competition for years. Remember when Vince took the “Chairman” gimmick?

laparka

2 Likes