Seth Rollins Goes After Meltzer

I love his falcon arrow but I also know it never finishes matches, that is the problem with the WWE style of hitting all the signature spots

1 Like

It’s all abit revisionist to say he’s basic or not that good imo. He was on a really good run prior to beating Brock at mania but he’s been badly booked and seemingly increasingly affected by the negative reactions over the past few weeks/months. Not that it excuses his tittery on twitter though, he needs to back away from the keyboard and just use it to promote appearances or something.

It might be revisionist if I had been a fan of his in ring work before. I’ve always thought he is very basic in the ring. He can have good matches with certain people, but I dont think he can step it up another level and have an off the charts match.

The question to that is how much of that was because he was fresh at the time and had good opponents vs him actually being good. I think he also stood out more when you did not have as many good workers around him doing the same stuff he was doing but better.

I was trying to think the other day, what babyface acts this way on social media?

Becky, Cody, Cena, The Rock, Omega, Xavier Woods, Kofi, Big E, Natalya, Zack Ryder

Even heels, I thought “This is something Orton would do on social media when he is bored, but not like this”

Some roll out kayfabe but it is in their character and they aren’t targeting the business like they have some personal vendetta

He acts contrary to how he is portrayed in the ring and on TV, which makes him look even more like a dick.

Seth was given the wheel after Roman’s unfortunate diagnosis and he just wasn’t ready to drive. He was the first FT performer to be given a prolonged run as Universal Champ since Kevin Owens and people were tired of him after less than 6 months as champ.

I don’t blame Seth entirely, I mostly blame WWE’s poor creative and inability to create stars and having to rely on Legends.

But his tweets, when his popularity is certainly more valley than peak, doesn’t help at all…unless he is doing a slow burn heel turn, but I just don’t see WWE as that forward thinking nor do I see it translating onto TV at all presently.

1 Like

How dare you?
:slight_smile:

He makes a great video!

20191105_180840

Gotta take it all back

He owned up to his mistake. Gotta respect that. Didn’t throw his source under the bus, didn’t pull any deflection; just owned it.

2 Likes

Dave had to eat crow. He was lying.

Every single reporter who covered this needs to apologize. There was no story here and they ran with it like dogs

Lying? No story? All that has been established is that Rollins didn’t give a big speech. That is all. Anything else is just pure speculation on your part.

1 Like

So can I like Seth Rollins again?
Or are we still hating on him?

Misinformed and lying are very different…especially where intent is concerned.

One is mostly innocent the other likely malicious.

Can’t see Meltzer sitting in some hotel lobby twirling his imaginary mustache. More likely that he got some information from a trusted source and didn’t bother to confirm it through a second source and turned out being wrong, no harm.

He ate crow, but lying…I am not so sure.

1 Like

Receiving false information from a source and then publishing that information believing it to be true is not lying. At this point, it’s basically Rollins’ word against the source’s word as far as we know, so maybe Rollins in lying?

1 Like

And of all the the things to be pissed off about over the weekend from hell, Rollins is gonna get mad over a false report that he’s a locker room leader? So, the rest of it was true; just not the part when he tried to do something that might benefit the talent?

1 Like

I think he’s pissed at being portrayed as a company shill who didn’t reaosnate with the locker room