Spoiling Wednesday tv

Jesus…

… Mary…

… and Joseph…

2 Likes

Yeah, I watch NXT live most weeks, and sometimes come on to leave UPNXT feed back. Then watch AEW on Thrusday Morning. IF there are thread topics spoiling the results it is hard to avoid said topics.

1 Like

If it happened on TV it’s not a spoiler, I might have plans on Sunday night. It’s on me to avoid Rumble results if I choose too. This includes the website, the forum, Twitter, Instagram and You Tube. Also Post Wrestling is a news website, apologies if I’m off on this but they need clicks too if you want details on a show they want to be a place you immediately go to for all the details

1 Like

Sure they want clicks and want to give you details, this goes for any website, but why do we need 2 posts, giving the results. Give me the post that gives the results of the show and I can avoid that.

If there is another post that spoils the result in the title, I am never clicking that, so they aren’t getting any clicks for it.

1 Like

Which it is and John will post results live from the Rumble - in a thread of results. He won’t put of multiple threads titled “Becky Lynch Retains womens title”, “Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble.” “Ronda Rousey Returns to win women’s rumble”.

I honestly think this would be less of a thing for days other than Wednesday where we have 2 shows running at the same time, people can only watch one live, and some people want to post feedback for the podcast for those shows.

2 Likes

Both spoiler threads from yesterday were copied and pasted from the main site,that’s where to go if you want results,there is no reason to post separate threads unless you just trying to be a try hard.

4 Likes

Will as already said head straight to Post Wrestling for results.Not to the Post Wrestling forum.

I was under the assumption every Post news story automatically shows up on the forum

if you’re from the uk you should be well versed in avoiding spoilers. I too have been spoiled on several things though the years but that’s on me as opposed to those who want to speak about it.

I completely agree and dont think it’s an unreasonable request at all. I’m in the UK too and have no means of watching for a few days.

Doesnt mean I have to restrict access to the Forum for 2 days. When I woke up this morning the front page said “Hangman Page and Kenny Omega win tag titles”.

That doesnt even give me a chance to avoid the spoilers even if I planned to. AEW wont screen in the UK until tomorrow night - as a patron should I not visit a forum from wednesday night till Saturday morning? Or could the titles of the threads simply say be titled: AEW Dynamite Wednesday 22nd January?

3 Likes

Seems that some people believe that is beyond this site,funny how the wild west that is Reddit is able to be spoiler free on Squaredcircle.
Guess will be coming here less and less.

1 Like

You can’t avoid a wrestling forum for a few hours?

How many times do people need to say that they come on to leave feedback for the show they have watched, and being spoiled for the other show. It seems reasonable to account for that in a place with feedback threads for the podcast. Otherwise we are setting the trend that if you care about spoilers don’t come on the forum to leave feedback.

1 Like

The posts in question are automatically populated in the forum from our news posts on the main site.

We cross-post to encourage discussion but I can understand why it might not work as well in this scenario. It’s noted and I’ll send a message out.

5 Likes

Thanks Wai. For me personally, it’s not a big deal, because I choose to read the spoilers. If I didn’t though, I enjoy coming on here still and chatting and sometimes if you get behind, certain topics are loaded with discussion.

The original poster is from the uk, who is unlikely to post feedback.

Other people raised concerns as well. They have been acknowledged so no reason to really continue the debate.

1 Like

That’s fair. I just don’t share empathy with the OP.

What’s difficult about this?

It’s not a few hours for the UK. AEW is not broadcast here for 3 days.

Nothing difficult.

Also there are alternate methods outwith ITV.