Spoiling Wednesday tv

Can we please have a little self control regarding happenings at any TV or PPVs especially Dynamite and NXT.
I woke up to see both shows major angles plastered over the forum front page,in the UK I didn’t get a chance to watch either shows,and I’m guessing some American/Canadian viewers wouldn’t have watched both shows.
Any thoughts guys?

2 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying in principle. Spoilers make it less fun.

However, the forum of a wrestling news site is probably not a safe space. I’d hold off until after you’ve completed watching.

1 Like

I avoided spoilers pretty easily for AEW and I visited the forum yesterday.

2 Likes

I see both sides. I’m not a person who cares about spoilers, but can see people who might. This being a wrestling news site it is not the best place to be if you want to avoid spoilers. On the other hand I would probably say having results in the thread title is probably not the best thing.

2 Likes

I think this is in response to the threads posted after the fact with results in the title. About Kenny and Hangman, Moxley, and Keith Lee all winning. People were good about the spoilers prior to the show, but as not everyone watches live these types of threads can spoil results for those watching on delay.

1 Like

I watch AEW live and I read NXT spoilers now, because John and Wai usually discuss it on the hangout and I want to listen to the hangout live.

I’d like to see these places just have a simple “AEW Results” or “NXT Results” or “RAW Results” thread, instead of singling out specific happenings from the show. I’m usually good at being careful and avoiding, but sometimes I like coming on and chatting in other topics or I’m talking to someone in a private message and its hard to avoid the spoilers if they are plastered all over.

I know everyone is different, but if I can, I like the surprise, it makes things more entertaining for me.

4 Likes

I think it absolutely is, as is and in my case. I sometimes care about spoilers, sometimes I don’t, yes, it is a wrestling forum and you should expect spoilers when you come here. But I should expect spoilers in the topic of the said event, not in the title of an entirely different, new topic. It can be really punishing because you just wanted to come in the forum and follow on some topic that has nothing to do with said show, which you intended to watch later. This pisses me off even in news sites, but while I can excuse them, to do this in a forum serves no one.

3 Likes

100% agree, spoilers should be in threads not in topics. It makes it possible for people to come to the board and avoid spoilers. Like If you come on to leave feedback for either NXT or AEW night of you may not want to see spoilers for the other show.

4 Likes

If I can browse Reddit and avoid spoilers I should be able to come here

Just don’t visit the site until you’ve seen the show, pretty simple.

2 Likes

As I pointed out it isn’t that simple on Wednesdays especially. People leave feedback for NXT and or AEW on this forum for the shows. If they come on and there is a thread put up about the other show it will spoil that show for them. The Omega and Page win was posted almost immediately after it happened, as a thread topic.

I think it’s reasonable to leave the spoilers out of thread titles. But in general, I don’t think it’s a spoiler after it’s been on TV (even if it hasn’t in your part of the world). It’s like scrolling Twitter during Game of Thrones. Once you choose to visit, you’re on your own.

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s exactly what John and Wai want from this site.
Dont come here unless you watch all shows live.

1 Like

Well if you come here on a Wednesday night, what exactly are you hoping to find other than NXT/Dynamite results?

I would go to the main site if I wanted results.

So you come to the forum and expect people not to be talking about NXT/Dynamite? Okkkkk

Are you reading what people are writing here?

1 Like

I’m hoping to find a thread to leave feedback, which is one of the privileges I get being a patreon member and I would like to put that to use.

I don’t think I should have to cover my eyes, while looking for that thread. There are also other posts on here, that I would like to take part in. When there is a thread for results, there is absolutely no need for a separate thread, spoiling the results in the title.

2 Likes

So you’re coming here to leave feedback for a show you’ve watched, what are you being spoiled about?

I didn’t watch NXT. Like I said earlier, I personally choose to read the spoilers, because I know they will talk about it on the hangout. If I didn’t do that though, I’d know Keith Lee won the title. Other people don’t listen to the hangout. They can’t watch both shows in the same night, but they still want to take part in other discussions here.

1 Like