Tessa Blanchard Releases Statement About Recent Allegations, Denies Using Racial Slur

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/16/tessa-blanchard-releases-statement-about-recent-allegations-denies-using-racial-slur/

Just one day before Tessa Blanchard took on Sami Callihan for the IMPACT World Championship at IMPACT Wrestling’s ‘Hard To Kill’ pay-per-view, Tessa tweeted out that women should be supporting one another. That tweet led to Allysin Kay quote tweeting Blanchard and asking Tessa does she remember spitting in a black woman’s face and calling her the n-word in Japan. The likes of Chelsea Green, Priscilla Kelly, Isla Dawn, Rebel, Shanna, Mia Yim, Renee Michelle and Kavita Devi all shared their respective interactions with Blanchard and brought up her alleged bully-like nature. La Rosa Negra, who Allysin Kay was referring to in her initial tweet came forward and confirmed the story as well.

The next day, Tessa went on to become the first woman to win the IMPACT World Championship and the news from the previous day lingered over her victory. Blanchard took to social media recently and released a statement about the allegations and denied using the racial slur. She noted that the n-word is not in her vocabulary and racism is not in her heart.

“Over the last week I have been accused of calling a fellow wrestler a racial slur. To read this allegation has been personally upsetting. To be clear, I absolutely did not use that word. That word is not in my vocabulary. That word is not in my heart. Racism is not in my heart. Yet I know many people have to deal with racism in a way I will never have to. Racism is an awful part of American history, and it’s equally awful that it’s still part of our society today. While I did not do what was claimed, I stand ready to use my platform to support the fight against racism however I can.”

I hope everyone will take a moment to read this. pic.twitter.com/gRPUlCYd6a

— Tessa Blanchard (@Tess_Blanchard) January 17, 2020

The claims against Blanchard and her title win was discussed during the latest episode of the ‘A Keep It 2000’ podcast which can be heard at this link.

So 3 people put their faces out there to lie?

Not buying it too many others saying it happened. This also isn’t denying the bullying. I think her denying it is going to end up hurting her way more, especially if anything else comes out.

A perfect apology…

(If she had first admitted what she did, which it seems like she did, and then said there’s no excuse for racially abusing someone and that she regretted doing so)

Again, it’s a Case of who to believe as there is no proof, just versions of events.

Believe Women!!! Even when they’re lying!

Not to turn this into a political convo, but if you look at the recent Democrat debate and scuffle - where both Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders vehemently stand by their accounts of a story - the old adage that “if two people say the other person is lying, then somebody is definitely lying”.

1 Like

It took her a week to release this statement? Just denying she said the slur? Whether she’s lying or not, this is the kind of statement you release immediately.

I’m going to check the “don’t care” square here.

She could be said racial slurs or not…she could’ve spat on women or not…hell she could be made a defecation tape or not…none of my business.

1 Like

I like the use of ‘scumbag’ here, it’s a very underappreciated insult.

5 Likes

I wish she had said “un goddamn deniable” ala Cody.

1 Like

You sound like a great human being

1 Like

The only positive is for Impact, as they’re going to be small for the next little while due to their network and Tessa isn’t going to leave anytime soon. Any smart company wouldn’t take her. I can see her eventually going to MLW just simply based on Court’s reputation of being able to work with the worst people around and make something out of it. But I don’t know if that would be smart as she’s more then just some malcontent.

Whatever happened to “I’m sorry” and really meaning it? Is that so hard?

1 Like

I don’t know anyone in this story…why do people need to project their feeling ngs and opinions on shit like this?

I’m a better human being by not grandstanding or playing judge, jury and executioner over something I will never get the real story of.

2 Likes

Apparently Tessa is trying to dig up dirt on Allysin Kay now… either Tessa was/is terrible or this is some genius, Machiavellian plan being carried out by the women who hate her.

Given WWE not signing her I lean toward believing the people saying she has been a bully. I’m also not sure it is a coincidence that she hasn’t been wrestling women in Impact for almost a year.

1 Like

It’s just turned into shit flinging now. Just let me watch wrestling.

Personally, I don’t have time for Sienna after she attacked Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews for flying themselves to the USA at the start of their careers to try and wrestle for free on shows to learn, gain experience and exposure.

This. She would be in NXT otherwise a year or two ago

I’ll say this, allegations are allegations, however I’ve met like 100 wrestlers and she was one of the few who is just horrible. Rude, nasty to people that were there to help her. She wasn’t mean to me personally, but the two times I was around her she acted like a complete asshole. Not a nice person at all. Comes off very funny to me. Of course you don’t make it to the top of his business by being the nicest, but from my perspective she sucks as a person.

1 Like