Tessa Blanchard Wins IMPACT World Championship At 'Hard To Kill'

I don’t care what she did. I’m just saying you can see where the joke by Hunter has a basis. He’s not saying that joke about anyone else really.

I’m not slut shaming her nor do I care. I am simply pointing out comparing a joke Hunter made about someone with a bit of a past is bad. It’s not as bad as spitting on someone and using the N word

It was a typical DX style joke which was all over the product in the Attitude era.

Bad taste, corny, 25 odd years late and just baffling (I think a woman would know if they had squeezed a kid out of their Vagina or been cut open), but all the people piling in with their pitch forks need to have a Coke and a smile and shut the f**k up.

Yeha this is it.

It was a joke - if you watch the interview he says it then jokes about getting coffee or something. It was his way of trying to lighten to mood and he made an off colour joke. He’s also an older guy from an era where they made fun of women they thought were slutty like that. Remember the names Jericho used to fall Steph on the air? The crowd chanted slut at her.

In 2020 is it cool to make a slut joke like that ? No. We can all agree on that. However it was a joke and he wasn’t making it about someone like Bayley. It was about a women that most English media know well and (like it or not) has a more checkered sexual past on full display. Not her fault it’s out there but it is. The reporters laughed at it.

But yes it was an ill advised joke and he should apologize. Maybe he has apologized to her.

It’s not on the same level as What Tessa did. That wasn’t an off colour joke.

If you don’t see the difference then you are part of the problem

Is it right what happened to her? is it her fault it’s all out there? Of course not. That doesn’t change that it is though.

Go back and find threads when the videos came out.

Look she can do what she wants. However when it’s known that you got pregnant at 18, used a WWE title as a sex prop and had a threesome in the locker room (even the Usos and New Day joker about it on air) then (even though it’s wrong) you can see why she could be target of an ill advised joke? Like he’s not saying that about Bayley now is he?

If you drop the PC attitude you can see why it was her and why he thought it might funny (and why the reporters laughed) right?

Was it wrong? Absolutely. He should apologize to her and he should be better.

But it’s not the same as what Tessa did.

I’m doing it again, quoting this because again, this is the most accurate dissection of the joke possible.

IT LITERALLY IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS TO BE THE CASE!!!

every time @Alex_Patel tries to defend his position on his initial post I am going to quote this because how somebody could look at that joke and think about Paige’s actions when the guy making the joke doesn’t understand the basics about a pregnancy MAKES NO F’CKN SENSE

He thought it might be funny because he’s spent too long milking Vince’s balls - only way a guy with half a brain thinks it was funny when IT MAKES NO F’CKN SENSE
Also reporters laugh for the same reason people laugh when somebody does or says something incredibly awkward. Because it’s just awkward AF.

It wasn’t funny then, it isn’t funny now. She was the victim of stolen property and invasion of privacy. That’s not cool…not to mention it was mostly poking jabs at Xavier who was in the segment and this was an elephant in the room

judgmental much?

I find that kinda awesome - don’t @ me

You clearly like WWE, but let me tell you how boring a 3 hour raw can be. I’d do the same damn thing to kill time
(now that was a funny joke)

2 Likes

Fair enough. It was a bad joke. That was it.

My only point (which I Have poorly defended) is that it isn’t the same as what Tessa did.

A bad joke and women spitting on another human and calling her racist name isn’t the same

2 Likes

and I 100% agree with you on that. I never meant it as a comparison. Just as an illustration of my broader point which is the transparency in which you can determine who is and isn’t going to speak up and what their motives are.

• No active WWE performer will speak up for Paige (against Hunter)
  • No potential WWE signee will speak up against hypocricy in WWE
  • Plenty of people with nothing to lose and only to gain will pile on Tessa
  • People who have made it past a point of consequence will speak freely (and hopefully honestly)
  • People in positions not controlled by somebody else will speak out against wrong - and sadly this is the smallest bucket.
1 Like