The BOSJ Finals & Moxley Debut Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!)

And We. Are. Live on the East Coast - very cool how on the night Moxley debuts in New Japan the focus on commentary is mainly on the Juniors final for the first match. Chris is great.

Speaking of Chris. Where is the Painmaker?!

1 Like

Painmaker vs Rainmaker. Almost feels like anywhere else this would be silly and yet every Jericho in New Japan makes him feel special and different.

Also, I really want to see Moxley vs Mr Tranquilo himself, Naito

1 Like

Juice cut his hair

1 Like

What a beating, this is fantastic

Very impressed with the Japanese crowd recognizing Moxley’s moves. Very good match

Very glad he got no reaction for winning. Not that I. don’t want him to do well I just think he works better as a classic foreign heel in Japan. Especially in contrast to the popular foreign babyface Juice.

Would have liked to see a challenger come out for Doniniom but probably get the rematch.

Meanwhile what a hot start to the Jrs Final. And props to Chris for noting this is the real main

The DRAGON Flys!!! Wow! There have been some incredible sequences in this about 10 minutes in

Minoru Suzuki is in the tag match and they play Taichi’s entrance music. :man_facepalming:t4::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t ge me started! As if I needed more reason to hate the Phantom Opera. And Yoshi Hashi is just a waste of space. He has and will have zero presence and somehow wind up in the G1 :man_facepalming:

1 Like

An incredible final match

1 Like

Well someone has to take all those losses. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Incredible final. Loved the entire card and MOX instantly is more over in the past 2 weeks then the past 5 months.

Shingo v Will took a beating and did not expect Will to Win. Honestly thought the money was in an undefeated Shingo winning tonight and then becoming champion at dominion on Sunday.

2 Likes

The Robinson/Moxley and Ospreay/Takagi matches were both electric. I couldn’t ask for more from either of them.

The Moxley/Robinson match was an awesome introduction, and it felt like it leveled Juice up a notch too.

1 Like

Juice cutting his hair is the ultimate babyface move.

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s so nice to see someone care so much about losing his belt.

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic promo from Juice. Glad to see that him getting ornery post-loss leaving the ring wasn’t just a one-off. I still think he’s one of the best natural babyfaces in the company, but even babyfaces should get pissed and angry when someone eats their lunch like that.

1 Like

Remember his promos about wanting to win it too.

Even Naito seems to care about the IC belt despite repeatedly pretending not to which has been a decent 2 year story