The end to smackdown

Walmart Nexus have taken over,and I am done with the main roster.

4 Likes

Until Raw, right?

1 Like

It took you long enough. Welcome to the club.

I’m 100% certain people would’ve had a meltdown if the Nexus invasion happened today. The main joy from this Retribution angle is how many people are clutching their pearls over it.

Here’s my issue with the angle so far…

The idea of it, I like. I liked the lights and the sound going out on Raw. I liked them attacking the generator, even though they looked like the ninjas.

They look and they’re coming off like a bunch of teenagers though. If we’re supposed to believe these people work for the company, I cant picture anyone who has been acting like these guys are. I’m almost starting to think, these guys may not even be unmasked.

I think there is potential though.

If they’re this anti-establishment faction that the WWE has no control over, don’t advertise their debut! Kinda ruins the entire concept of being unpredictable and dangerous when its advertised all day…

3 Likes

Absolutely this! All day long this. For a storyline that’s trying to bleed the lines of reality by messing with the feed and acting like they’re trying to take down WWE from a broadcast and institutional perspective, having WWE promote it just neuters it from the start.

Imagine if in the Nexus debut it had been warned ‘a new faction debuts tonight’ I don’t think it’s nearly as powerful.

1 Like

Isn’t it just a bit of a mash-up of Nexus and Aces & Eights though?

I won’t post spoilers here, but there are pretty credible-sounding reports out there of who is in this group. So WWE apparently knows who they are and has a plan.

But it’s WWE, so there’s a chance that they “know” in the sense that you “know” you’re going to marry your eighth-grade girlfriend someday. You’re not a liar because it doesn’t happen, you just didn’t know any better.

1 Like

WWE changing plans on a moments notice? What?

Yup. But remember, if Meltzer says that plans changed, he’s still a liar.

2 Likes

I did not see the end of Raw to see the group introduced but the end of Smackdown just went on and on. After a few minutes I just did not care and I wanted the show to end.

It also did not help that I thought Smackdown for the most part was awful this week.

I’m dead. This was great! Thanks for the laugh.